My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, 17 eggs is quite a few for a first clutch. Sounds like she was doing a LOT of digging. Glad to hear that she laid them all and that Rosie shared her special egg hole with her, what a great big sister, sounds like something Digi would do too.

It sure is surprising how quickly their fat stores sink in. Great that she is drinking a lot, hopefully her appetite will increase now too. Hope she doesn't lay anymore this year at least.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I probably won't get to the pics until the end of this week. I will be working from 8 am until after 6 pm all week except Friday, but that's until about 5 pm. I won't have the energy to do anything in the evenings. Lil Squirt ate 6 supers on Saturday and 9 supers this morning before we left for church. Her tummy was so much smaller than it was a week ago but it's now getting bigger. We got some strawberry liquid calcium from Tracie and I have been giving it to her every day for awhile. I may have to not give it to her tomorrow because I have to leave before she's ready for it.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my goodness! 17 eggs for her first time! Hope Lil Squirt won't end up being an egg laying machine like MoMo is.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thankfully, Lil Squirt hasn't laid any more eggs since the 17 she laid last month. She has a bump on her front right foot. I have been giving her liquid calcium. I got some strawberry from Tracie a week or so after she laid the eggs. I dropped it on the floor next to Squirts home a few days ago, before I put the lid on. Now, instead of almost a full bottle, we have about 1/4 of a bottle. Now, I have to wait for a week or so before I order some more. I may wait until I am more out of the calcium I have been giving Squirt some almost every day.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's good that Lil Squirt hasn't laid anymore eggs. What do you think the bump is? Is it soft like an inflammation, or hard like a bone deformity?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good to hear that she hasn't laid anymore eggs, hope she doesn't. That's a shame that you spilled a lot of the liquid calcium, know how quick that can happen.

Sorry to hear about the bump on her foot. Is it very big? Do you think she injured it somehow?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Her bump is kind of small. It just seemed to appear. I didn't notice it until after she laid eggs. Bill had noticed it earlier.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Keep an eye on the bump. Has she gained alot of weight. You don't have to give her any more liquid calcium at this point as she's made up for what she used to make eggs. Just have some handy, in case.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We haven't weighed her in the last few weeks. The last time I did weigh her she was one gram lighter than she was before she laid those eggs. The bump hasn't changed, up or down, it's still the same size as it was before she laid eggs.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's great that she only lost a gram after laying the eggs! I wish my girls would only lose that little after each clutch :(

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
The thing is, Gina, Lil Squirt is still growing, even tho she turned 2 last June. About a week ago she finished shedding the tip of her tail. Two days later it's turning the shed-white again. She's now just over 13.5 inches long. Her body is bigger than the rest of her. I wonder if she's getting eggs again, I'm not really sure because she isn't getting up before the sun like she was last spring late. She crawled out of her hide box (then) about 5:45 am. We had her timer set to go on about 6 am. I changed it, now I had to change it back. Before she would wait in her hide box until we came to get her up in the morning. I mentioned to her that we wouldn't know if she was going to brumate in the winter if she made us wake her up every am. Now she's back to sleeping until we pick the box of off her. One morning I picked up the box to see if she was awake and her expression was priceless! She looked up like "Oh, it's light out!" :laughhard: :laughhard: Silly girl. Squirt is soo stubborn, I can't help wondering if some of her siblings are stubborn also.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I hope she's not making anymore eggs Lori, that was quite a few for her 1st clutch. That's funny the look she gave you when you picked up her box. :lol:

So, she is still shedding quite a bit too, so is Loki, seems to be non-stop in one area or the other.

Squirt is soo stubborn, I can't help wondering if some of her siblings are stubborn also.
Loki is very sweet but boy, can he be stubborn too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom