My leather backs produced a normal baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another egg hatched today, it was a normal scaled dragon. I didn't think it would be possible since both were leather backs.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
A leatherback x leatherback cross will produce about 25% normals, 50% leatherbacks, and 25% silkbacks. Leatherback is the incomplete dominant heterozygote form of the silkback. If you're going to breed, I suggest you learn a bit more about genetics and learn how to do a Punnett Square. It will help you greatly with these crosses to have at least a basic understanding of genetics.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
ChiefsDaddy":1arh3qxf said:
A leatherback x leatherback cross will produce about 25% normals, 50% leatherbacks, and 25% silkbacks. Leatherback is the incomplete dominant heterozygote form of the silkback. If you're going to breed, I suggest you learn a bit more about genetics and learn how to do a Punnett Square. It will help you greatly with these crosses to have at least a basic understanding of genetics.

+1

stevieterry

Original Poster
ChiefsDaddy":1zmrs586 said:

Thanks, I don't plan on breeding any more I sold my adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom