Ruby is at it again.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I woke up this morning to a 3rd clutch of 18 eggs. Thats 3 since January the 5th'ish. I'm worried about her health. She had severe mbd when we got her. I've worked really hard getting her in the best health possible, but I can tell this is taking a toll on her. The arch in her back has become more pronounced with each clutch. I get as much calcium as I can in her after each clutch but she stops eating before she lays so it is making it a challenge. Hopefully she is done for a while now. Between her and Sweet Pea I've had 85 eggs since January, and not a single fertile egg. I think I need to fire Sinatra.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Laying so many eggs must sure take a lot out of her.
For calcium I did put some powdered Sephia shells into the water when Luis was in brumation. He did seem to like the taste and Sephia shells pack a lot of calcium...

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
It’s a shame that Sinatra hasn’t succeeded yet.
After your post, I also began to worry about Ruby. How were her past unfertilized clutches? Every time they are so difficult for her health?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Laying so many eggs must sure take a lot out of her.
For calcium I did put some powdered Sephia shells into the water when Luis was in brumation. He did seem to like the taste and Sephia shells pack a lot of calcium...
I'll look into that, I hadn't heard of it, thank you for the suggestion.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
It’s a shame that Sinatra hasn’t succeeded yet.
After your post, I also began to worry about Ruby. How were her past unfertilized clutches? Every time they are so difficult for her health?
Last year she clutched twice but it didn't seem to effect her to much. This year though I'm seeing it's hard on her. I wasn't planning on trying to pair her with Sinatra again this year, but she keeps laying. I really hope she is done for the year. Not only is it making her mbd more noticeable, I'm also having trouble keep her weight up. She should eat good for at least a week or so now, so I'm going to try to fatten her up asap. The hard part is that she will lay even if she doesn't mate, so fertile vs infertile is 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. It still zaps her calcium.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Perhaps the MBD became noticeable due to the fact that she lost weight. I want to say that the MBD is not progressing, the bones just became more visible due to the fact that she lost weight. Maybe we should offer her more nutritious food? Such as superworms.
In any case, I wish Ruby to get her weight back as soon as possible.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Perhaps the MBD became noticeable due to the fact that she lost weight. I want to say that the MBD is not progressing, the bones just became more visible due to the fact that she lost weight. Maybe we should offer her more nutritious food? Such as superworms.
In any case, I wish Ruby to get her weight back as soon as possible.
Ruby is my best dragon for eating variety, (when she will eat) she'll eat pretty much anything. She gets dubias,supers, horns and now that they are available silks. She eats her greens a lot of days as well (again when she will eat).
I'm sure your right about it being more noticeable with weight loss, but I'm 100% certain her spine has more arch in it. It's especially noticeable when she is walking. It does seem a little better this evening though, so I wonder if being gravid maybe pushes it up some. She is a very small and petite dragon to start with.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Ruby - well done, she likes a variety of foods.
It might be worth giving her some probiotics to increase her appetite.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ruby - well done, she likes a variety of foods.
It might be worth giving her some probiotics to increase her appetite.
If I can find them and IF I can get her to eat it. I've tried in the past and none of my guys would eat them. They can be stubborn lil beasties lol.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Yes it is. they can be quite stubborn. I gave probiotics along with hornworms. I dip the worm tail in water and then in probiotic powder and it always works.
Does Ruby have a good appetite now?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yes it is. they can be quite stubborn. I gave probiotics along with hornworms. I dip the worm tail in water and then in probiotic powder and it always works.
Does Ruby have a good appetite now?
She ate 1 silk, 1 horn, and about 10 supers this morning 🙂 dusted of course. I hope she eats her green through the day.
Since the move she has been alot better about moving into her basking, and that and the uvb have pretty good overlap so hopefully she makes the most of the calcium I do get into her

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
She ate 1 silk, 1 horn, and about 10 supers this morning 🙂 dusted of course. I hope she eats her green through the day.
Since the move she has been alot better about moving into her basking, and that and the uvb have pretty good overlap so hopefully she makes the most of the calcium I do get into her
Wow, she has a great appetite! I don't think a probiotic is needed.
Tell Ruby that I wish her a quick recovery after all this! :giggle:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Wow, she has a great appetite! I don't think a probiotic is needed.
Tell Ruby that I wish her a quick recovery after all this! :giggle:
I absolutely will 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom