My bearded dragon is moving slowy

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny123

Hatchling Member
I feed my 6 month old dragon yesterday and was moving around very showy is this a sign of a health issue. His right front leg seems to have a lump under where the leg finshes to the belly?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type of lighting that you have, please.
Do you have a UVB light & if so, what type & brand is it? A fluorescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light?
How often do you give calcium?
Do you have any pictures of your dragon for us?
Can he fully support his body weight on all fours?

Tracie

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
A picture would help but, from the sound of the description this area is a fat store for the dragon.
Does it look like this?
SAM_2489-1.jpg

Also please answer Tracie's questions

johnny123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":jmddtz92 said:
A picture would help but, from the sound of the description this area is a fat store for the dragon.
Does it look like this?
SAM_2489-1.jpg

Also please answer Tracie's questions

Yes yes! That is exactly what it looks like just a tad bit bigger and a picture was great thanks alot and had me very concern of a injury or another thing that came to mine and doubt it a tumor of any kind.

Setup- for this dragon with the lump he's in a 20 gallon tank with one of those topper mesh things I found at petsmart.
Lighting- I use a reptigro 8.0 and was using the reptigro 10.0 but discontinued because of the health of my dragon and have a reptisun 10 on the way also with a new fixture to mount inside the tank. Heating I use a 100 watt daylight bulb with the exoterra iguana on the box and looking for a dimmer because my tank temp ranged from 116-122 today. When my basking temp is 105.5 usually. The cool side is 80-82 and at night the 60's and my 50 watt emitter isn't doing much at night. I use a digital probe to take temps that also has humidity level and the current time and was recommended it and picked it up at walmart.
Food- mainly mustard greens and kale once a week and protein is small Superworms and once in a while a few waxworms.
Care- I been giving daily baths in the sink with a towel for grip and keeping everything as clean as I can and also waiting for the Albon to come so I can treat the high parasite count. Stools are every other day and very smelly with rotten looking urates. Sure I will post a photo as soon as my pc comes back because it's being repaired and currently using my smartphone and photo bucket gives me a pain on getting the img URL. Thank you to every body this was very helpful forum I made. TY

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
If the temps are too hot, you can get the dimmers at Home Depot or Lowes. In addition, for a 20 gallon tank 100W is pretty hot (unless you do have a dimmer). You can use a 60-75 watt white household bulb (non soft) instead , and should give you an easier time keeping it at the 105-110. Glad you discontinued the reptiglo bulbs

johnny123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes temps are a bit to hot he always bask like in the middle of the tank on a ledge. I still am looking for a dimmer as well. Ok 60-75 watt non soft but at ace hardware there all soft. Do you have a photo of the non soft. Thanks and am glad your glad.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great you have a Reptisun 10 on its way. If you were using a Reptigro then there was no UVB exposure for him. This light will be so much better for him.
How often do you use calcium?
Can he support himself very well or climb with ease?
If you need help with dosing the Albon, let me know. When do expect it in the mail?
How is he doing today? Definitely work on getting those temperatures down to a range of 95-110 range.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

johnny123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3cwminaq said:
Hello,

That is great you have a Reptisun 10 on its way. If you were using a Reptigro then there was no UVB exposure for him. This light will be so much better for him.
How often do you use calcium?
Can he support himself very well or climb with ease?
If you need help with dosing the Albon, let me know. When do expect it in the mail?
How is he doing today? Definitely work on getting those temperatures down to a range of 95-110 range.

Tracie

Having the reptigro 8.0 on him right now he's not getting any UVB rays from the reptigro. It's the window screen right? I use calcium mon to fri on only one feeding everything else I try to feed is plain. He won't pick up his back legs and I think it's the reason he gets poop on the bottom of his tail. He stays low on the carpet but will glass dance. Sure and yes I will need help with the dosing. With the USPS tracking number this weekend or Monday the latest. Today he was pretty low profile no noise and is a noisy guy but I added the greens mustard and went right for them and wouldn't touch reptiworms but I dropped the superworms one by one and was eating them one by one about 50-60 I would say. I throw a 75 watt that I had for back up on his tank and got it around 100-105.5 was the highest I seen today but was really changing 102 mainly. But the lumps I mentioned I seen one on both sides because after he pooped it was more noticeable. Thank you tons for the help I really have to fix him up I miss his usual self.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon tonight?
What type of screen do you have on top of your tank?
Wow that is quite a few superworms! Try not to overdo it on the superworms so he doesn't get impacted. Is he eating his greens now?
Good, calcium 5 times a week is fine then. As soon as he gets the Reptisun 10 I think he will start doing a lot better.
Just let me know when your meds get there to you & I will help you!
The temperatures seem fine for him right now with measuring the digital probe.
I hope he is doing better.

Tracie

johnny123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3mdtf7j4 said:
Hello,

How is your dragon tonight?
What type of screen do you have on top of your tank?
Wow that is quite a few superworms! Try not to overdo it on the superworms so he doesn't get impacted. Is he eating his greens now?
Good, calcium 5 times a week is fine then. As soon as he gets the Reptisun 10 I think he will start doing a lot better.
Just let me know when your meds get there to you & I will help you!
The temperatures seem fine for him right now with measuring the digital probe.
I hope he is doing better.

Tracie

Hi,
They seem to not eating and very very skinny.
It is a 20 gallon topper with holes the size of the end of a q tip.
Yes eating some greens but not the staple greens the ones you feed once in a while. Can't find the mustard bags anymore I think they ran out.
Yes I put the reptisun 10 on him and no improvements yet and wish I could mount it in tank just didn't work for me.
Yes I received the Albon and the reptiaid ember brand and temps are good I think 105.5 just a concern to me 60's at nite.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
60's can you be more specific, if you are in the lower 60's I would definitely invest in a night time heat source. The best route is a ceramic heat emitter, you can get them for 15 or so dollars on amazon.com. If the temps are in the upper 60's this is okay, I personally prefer to see the lower end of 70s though.

johnny123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":334ok0nw said:
60's can you be more specific, if you are in the lower 60's I would definitely invest in a night time heat source. The best route is a ceramic heat emitter, you can get them for 15 or so dollars on amazon.com. If the temps are in the upper 60's this is okay, I personally prefer to see the lower end of 70s though.

I know what you mean and it's the upper 60's though out the night. I received the Albon as needed but they are barely moving and won't eat anything. I count the feeders and greens well it's just eye ballin them and looked like they been touch but I think the lights dryer them out. I think a vet needed urgently but the bad weather idk. They just got me worried to death.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Make sure that they are getting extra oral fluids right now with them being on the Albon.
Do you know the dose of the Albon right now?
Make sure the temperatures are not too hot in that small tank right now.

Tracie

johnny123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2od3d8u0 said:
Hello,

Make sure that they are getting extra oral fluids right now with them being on the Albon.
Do you know the dose of the Albon right now?
Make sure the temperatures are not too hot in that small tank right now.

Tracie

I been using the dose 0.5ml for them and I use a eye dropper with bottled water. Is 105.5 a safe temp while on albon for them. They won't touch anything but dubias and greens still. There current behavior is very very slow and you can just see illness in there eyes that is eating me alive. I just want them to get better so bad. They are eating not like they were but getting the staple greens and protein in them. Should I discontinue the calcium and vitamins while on the albon. Just wondering not sure about that. I got them a new reptisun 10 fixture that gos along the whole tank because mounting it inside didn't work out like I had planned because they put there bellys and there claws right where the socket end is for the UVB bulb. So that will have to be another day when I figure out if I am going to buy two big tanks or built one. Am just spending every minute with them and seeing if a new tank upgrade will be needed or not. They just look so bad. I pray to god in my mind every nite that he will do his best to help them and won't let them go on me. If I can get them better they will have the best life with my future plans. Just have faith in me and my dragons and a update is that I am doing my best for them.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
when you go to build a new cage, build 2 separate cages. they really dont belong together, I cant remember if they are separated or not. Wishing you the best and hope they get better soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom