My bear dies tail has looked bad for a while and my treatment hasn’t been helping

Help please

I noticed that my beardies tail looks very bad. I live in an are where no vets can care for him. I’ve been applying beta done and neosporin and it’s not helping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 65

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I noticed that my beardies tail looks very bad. I live in an are where no vets can care for him. I’ve been applying beta done and neosporin and it’s not helping
Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it as soon as you can - it can be found in the organic dept of your grocery store -- I am going to flag to @AHBD she can help you more
Do not feed any crickets in the tank - they will go straight for the tail ---

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That looks like it's infected , how were you treating it and was your beardie with another dragon ? Raw honey is good but you need a vet because there's a good chance that it needs amputation. If you mention your general location someone might be able to find a vet for you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That looks like it's infected , how were you treating it and was your beardie with another dragon ? Raw honey is good but you need a vet because there's a good chance that it needs amputation. If you mention your general location someone might be able to find a vet for you.
www.arav.org if you are in a
Small area type in the biggest cities zip code closest to you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Lack of calcium can sometimes cause the tail to be a little " wavy ". BTW, the tail looks wet in those pics, can you post pics when the tail is dry ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like it's been chomped on, was he with another dragon or another pet got ahold of it ? Not being judgmental, just looking for the possible cause which is not lack of calcium. But it does look like it might need to be amputated above the bad area.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom