Malibu is flipping onto her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Cindy, SO happy to hear that Malibu is improving. :blob5: :blob5: :D :blob8: :blob8: Is she walking better and not as unsteady as she was?

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Today was another good day...She is still not eating and wants to run..she roamed around for a bit then basked on her new "kitty scratch ramp"...its perfect for her to bask on ..since she can not go up her log any more...

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley7207.gif

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Malibu flipped today again..she is not moving her tail right..mybe she hurt it some how ..nothing showed on the xrays

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Eggs,eggs...We want eggs!
She is basking on the pillow in front of her lay box..woo-hoo--She knows it will not be long now before she lays..She hs been up bright and erly the last 2 days..peeking out of her fleece..Spring is in the air.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I wonder if the eggs are pressing against her spine, causing her to lose her balance.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Malibu is still flipping. ..she laid a clutch 3 weeks ago..she does a wierd thing with her back foot like its spasing out...I am thinking its neurological: (...she is piggig out on greens and crickets...pooing dailey..healthy looking..besides her half shed head.I am not sure what to do....she is going to lay more eggs soon....I came out of shower today and she was upside down.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley3302.gif
I was so excited to see an update on Malibu's thread, but totally wasn't expecting to read that she's still flipping over on her back and still have leg twitches.

How many eggs did she lay in total so far? What size were they? Did they seem unusually squished, as if she strained really hard in getting them out?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, Malibu is still flipping?
It has to be either neurological or some other type of deficiency. Can you think of anything that could have led to a neurological problem, did she ever get overheated, or come into contact with anything toxic?

She is going to lay more eggs also?

Tracie

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I can not think of anything toxic...her temps are always precise..she has a hide if she gets to warm on opposite side of her viv...Yes..She is gearing up for more eggs..today she is better then yesterday ..running around no flipping...she rested in her fleece early yesterday..her blood work,x rays,ultra sound all good.So frustrating..she has good days and bad days...i know it must take a toll on her all those eggs..the last clutch looked normal..some she had in the bath some in her lay box.all i can think is a bad batch of worms or she ate a spider or shes just aging. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom