Seizures, head tilt, clumsy walk

danekov.tatiana

Original Poster
Hello,

So sorry your dragon is having this type of trouble.
As AHBD suggested, a stroke is always a possibility.
He doesn't have metabolic bone disease. Do you have
a copy of the blood test by chance that you could post
here for us to see?

Tracie
Of course. The blood tests are in my language, so i translated it to english for better understanding.

The tests are from october, when he had his second seizure. the potassium was low, but now we’re supplementing and his potassium should be fine

Attachments

• BAEB0C68-FBC6-4B83-8F45-C3DAE465EFB1.jpeg
    BAEB0C68-FBC6-4B83-8F45-C3DAE465EFB1.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 89A8AEB3-C221-49EB-B65D-B3EAA7F076F0.jpeg
    89A8AEB3-C221-49EB-B65D-B3EAA7F076F0.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 25

danekov.tatiana

Original Poster
I don't know that ear infection is something always visible. Was he in the water in the recent passed ? Even if not I think they can develop ear infection from unknown causes. Being as you have no answers it might be good to put him on antibiotics .
I'm really sorry he's going through all of this, I know it's hard on you as his owner watching this . What is his name ?
I give him baths, but I always try to make sure to protect his ears from water getting in (of course it might have happened somehow). I asked the vet about it specifically, and she said he doesn’t have ear infection after further inspection.

yeah, it’s hard…i want my baby to be happy and well.

his name is Gomez, named after Gomez Addams haha

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Overall, the blood tests are not bad. The Uric acid or
the kidney readings, are in range, but just slightly on the
upper levels, the calcium is good so he shouldn't be having any metabolic bone disease issues.
Has he had any seizures recently? How much potassium are you giving him?
It doesn't appear he has any infection either. This test is from last October, so things have most likely improved some on the values.
How is he doing today, any improvements?
I agree, a short antibiotic regime might help out in case something is going on that isn't showing dominantly.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

danekov.tatiana

Original Poster
Hello,

Overall, the blood tests are not bad. The Uric acid or
the kidney readings, are in range, but just slightly on the
upper levels, the calcium is good so he shouldn't be having any metabolic bone disease issues.
Has he had any seizures recently? How much potassium are you giving him?
It doesn't appear he has any infection either. This test is from last October, so things have most likely improved some on the values.
How is he doing today, any improvements?
I agree, a short antibiotic regime might help out in case something is going on that isn't showing dominantly.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
Hello,

thank you so much for your insight, I really appreciate it.

The last seizure was back in October, as in, the really bad one where he was twitching, breathing hard, etc. Ever since, he hasn’t had a seizure this bad, or at least not one I know about.

The last flare up was in January. I don’t think it was fully a seizure, more of some kind of a flare up, where he was walking really clumsily, slightly running in circles and tilted to one side, it lasted around ten minutes before he calmed down. Ever since, I haven’t seen him do that, but what I see is that he still walks a little clumsily at times, his head is slightly tilted.

In January, the test came out fine, the doctor wrote in a report that he has mild Lymphocytosis.

Three weeks ago, when I turned on his lights after the night, I slightly wanted to shift his position to a more comfortable place in the tank, and he kind of jerked at me and he was shaking, but that might have been from stress, since he just woke up and I was already trying to handle him.

I crush 1/8 of a potassium pill and dust it over a roach, like the vet had instructed.

He has appetite, he drinks water, but he hasn’t pooped since 11th February and spends more time under his shelter (but he also basks sometimes, like few minutes back when I went to check on him).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome. It sounds like he has improved some
with the potassium intake. Are you going to give a round
of antibiotics, or did the vet prescribe anything for him yet?
You could try or consider some CBD oil for help with a
myriad of health issues.
How much is he eating right now? If you think he may
be slightly backed up, you can add in some sweet potato
or squash baby food mixed with sugar free applesauce
a few times per week.
Be sure to keep him a little warmer overnight, to help
boost his system right now.

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom