Malibu is flipping onto her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Not so good walking today..she flipped and and got mad and went straight to her viv..She did eat some greens before she tried to walk..Going to pick up the brewers yeast and crossing my fingers.
I need some directions on how much to give her?
She took the Carprofen...
I really hate this its scaring the crap out of me. :(

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley5527.gif

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good idea picking up the Brewer's yeast Cindy. Hopefully it will start helping her very quickly.

HUGS..............

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
She had one B vitamin injection...The vet called and said giving her one every couple days is fine.So we will be off to the vet @ 1pm..
Its a sunny not to freezing day...North Easter Snow coming tomorrow...I will still pick up the brewer yeast to give her after shes done the B injections..Healing Thoughts... <3 Love her sooo much.Bring on the eggs Malibu!

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
This is how 2011 and 2012 looked.....

Re: Malibus on the run???

Postby MALIBUSMOM » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:19 am
This is a post from Feb.2011..

MALIBUSMOM wrote:Oh yeh!27 eggs out ...geez no wonder she was so heavy...big healthy eggs....she would really be a good breeder...but 27 little Malibus ...i think they would put me in the looney bin!

Post ..2012
Today Malibu laid two eggs in her bath...i got the lay box set up.Spring is coming.Here we go w/ another egg laying season..6 clutches last year..I wish there was a safe way to make it stop.I worry so much that shes not going to get them all out.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Given Malibu had been having such a hard time with making/laying eggs in the past few years, I would seriously consider having her fixed. Not sure how taxing the surgery would be on her body though.

Big hugs to Malibu . . . and you.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am waiting for her to lay this clutch and looking into fixing her.I hear its risky..anyone done this?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've heard that the anesthesia is the most dangerous part of any surgery. Can't really share anymore than that about it though.

How did she do today?

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Today she did not like the meds..ate some salad..pooed enuf for a fecal.. :) ...basked away then offto the vets...she got her 2nd B injection..she was fine in her fleece till about 1/2 way home thenshe went into a panic attach and crawled out of fleece and onto my shoulder..came home and she was still pretty ticked off...went in her cave and stayed there till I got her out and put her in her fleece...i decided to bring her up stairs w/ me for the night ..i have a draw open on my night stand with a heating pad and towel ontop ...shes sleeping peacefully next to me right now..i will put her in the open draw before i go to sleep..as I am a bed hogger and switch pillows who knows how many times a night.
I am going to a different pet store tomorow as i have discovered my normal one, they are feeding thier wax worms oat meal...could this maybe part of the problem?i do not know but not taken any chances...I hear the oatmeal expands in thier belly.I got to my vet and one of the nurses came out and was amazed how big malibu is..she has a 2yr old male..small i guess..i told her to geta repti Sun 10.0..she also said he was on walnut shells.. :( explained to her impaction and tearing up of the insides...hope she heeds good advice.
I had malibu do so swim therapy in her bath today...she can clearly use her all her legs very well inthe bath..she has some discoloration on her belly ...i think it may be from her last shed..tryed to get picture but shes to stressed for photo shoots..maybe tomorow.
Fecal should be back in the mourn.
Thanks for everything...hug n love to all the beardies slaves and thier beardies! :whip:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Have you noticed an improvement since the vitamin B shots? I have no idea how fast it'd take effect.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
No..I haven't seen a difference...check this out ..she shed the white spot a while ago but look at the rest of her belly?
17592_4360637380737_417324518_n.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Digi's belly would look like that prior to loosening up for a shed. Instead of turning translucent in color, her's turn yellowish.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Cindy,

How is Malibu doing?
That is most definitely shed on the belly. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom