Malibu is flipping onto her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The B vitamins and minerals are in the Brewer's yeast that we talked about. You can also get vitamin capsules through Amazon or a pharmacy. If you get them at a healthfood store, you're gonna pay a lot more.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, the brewers yeast and bee pollen are both high in the B vitamins and I have used both on my beardies over the yrs.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I spoke to the vet briefly she called me from home so i will have more details tomorrow...she said calcium levels are high..probably due to shes making eggs...no eggs seen on x ray...her heterocells/white blood cell is up it is 60%..phosperous 2.1....she is going to e-mail me full results tomorrow and wants to start the medcam again...my question is is the seerapetase better for her and work the same as the other.
She also discussed the possibility of spaying at some point if all this is egg related.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, poor Malibu, she doesn't need eggs on top of everything she's going through.

I have never used Metacam on my beardies but have had good results from the Serrapeptase and have never noticed any side effects. I have heard that the Metcam can cause drowsiness and loss of appetite though. Perhaps Tracie will pop in and give her thoughts. I know she does have the liquid Serrapeptase on her site.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hi Peeps...back from the vet...sonogram shows eggs all intact..she got a vitamin B shot..they wanted me to give her 1 vitamin B injection a day..i can not do injections so we will be taking a ride to the vet dailey...they want me to give her carprophen orally for pain and inflamation...any one hear of this med...watch and wait for the eggs and fingers crossed she snaps out of it....chiropractor showed me a move to help with her vertigo by givig her neck a little push up...she is ,moving her tail ...when i get the picture of the sonogram I will share.
Healing thoughts..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Cindy,

I hope Malibu doesn't pout too long after her sonogram & shot of B vitamins! They can be so sensitive, can't they?
Keep us posted on her. Since she does have eggs, her levels will be elevated for awhile. I hope she is feeling well today.

Tracie

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
856100_4348483236891_583923292_o.jpg

EGGS!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's so weird that the eggs didn't show up on the x-ray.
Could her making eggs be causing all of the vertigo?? Did you get the full blood test results back?

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Blood work came back..calcium high due to eggs...Tracey had a look at it...it may be a vitamin b deficiency or egg on a nerve...she is getting b shots and anti-inflammatory

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's it? Vitamin B deficiency is easy to cure, but too bad you'll have to drive to the vet's every day for the shots.

How had Malibu been since the weekend?

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
She seems better then the weekend...she held her tail high yesterday at the vet..She was irate @ the stuff on her bell on the sonogram she even hissed once...she so fierce...lol..today she is basking ..I am going to go the brewers yeast path i think...its just to much bringing her out to lee everyday for a shot.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Cindy,

Thought I would check in on your thread. :D
That is great news she is holding her tail up better so she must be feeling a little bit better then?
Since she is basking that will definitely help too! I hope you are able to find the brewer's yeast also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom