Loose Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptune

Hi there,

my beardie is showing signs of loose skin and i have read that it can be dehydration? However i have been giving her regular baths and it doesn't seem to go away. Any idea anyone?

photo-6_zps06adfeb1.jpg

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
She actually looks kinda skinny. How much and how often are you feeding her? Also, if she is in fact dehydrated, try offering her water orally with a plastic syringe (no needle, of course) or an eye dropper. You can drip it on her nose and see if she'll lick it, or try to get it into her mouth and very gently squirt it into her mouth (but slowly so she doesn't aspirate any).

Neptune

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.

At the moment I am feeding her 3 times a day. 2 x crickets and 1 x veg. The crickets are medium to small and she eats about 25-30 in one sitting. I tried giving her medium crickets but she only ate 4-5 and didn't digest them well, so put her back on the smaller ones till she gets a bit bigger.
Her poop doesn't dyharated.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Make sure the veggies are available all day, but it sounds like she is well-fed. Maybe it's just the picture. Try giving her some oral fluids as I suggested, but their skin IS often a bit wrinkly, so they can turn from side to side. If you pinch her skin lightly, it should return to flat quickly if she is hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom