Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny300

Hi I've had my Beardie for almost 5 weeks now, an was wondering if switching from a power sun bulb to a mercury vapor bulb would be better. His name is little foot an is doin good from what I'm seeing. Feel free to say anything to help :)

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Lighting wise this is what I know. I'm not too experienced so I hope telling you what I know may answer your question.

PowerSun is a UVB and basking light all in one.
ReptiSun 10.0 UVB is just UVB so you would need a basking light for that.

On a side note, ReptiSun 10.0 should be mounted in the tank because your beardie needs to be within 6"-8" and the screen filters about 50% of the UVB. When using PowerSun it is best to not use a screen at all because because of the screen issue and Power Sun requires the beardie to be further away.

Johnny300

Original Poster
So if I were to get a powersun bulb would that be the ONLY light I would need? What wattage would be good to reach temps

zandi202

BD.org Addict
On a side note, ReptiSun 10.0 should be mounted in the tank because your beardie needs to be within 6"-8" and the screen filters about 50% of the UVB. When using PowerSun it is best to not use a screen at all because because of the screen issue and Power Sun requires the beardie to be further away.

As for wattage I do not know. I use a ReptiSun 10.0 UVB and a 100w bulb so maybe start with a 100w and return it if it doesn't reach correct temps. Just trial and error. Or buy both and return whichever doesn't meet your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom