Off Grid Dragon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Hola! Carlitos is actually the name of my old bearded dragon :) . Sadly and unfortunately, I lost him to the forest two months ago. I was very close to him, and I had him on a leash outside with me, but when I wasn't looking he somehow got off his harness and took off. I never found him, but glad he died living free in a beautiful forest.

My heart was sad and I got a new baby dragon that waved at me in the pet store as if he was Carlitos reincarnated and was calling to me. It's a she, I'm almost sure. Her name is Eclipse.

I had inherited Carlitos from a previous owner so I had their light setup, but I think I'm realizing it's not enough for Eclipse and I've had to update my knowledge pretty quickly. Been reading so much today about the lights. It's a lot of fun. But yeah I'm getting the Arcadia t5 and a halogen uva light to replace what I have because I can barely get it to 100, especially as winter comes closer.

She's beautiful and elegant and absolutely loving. I live in a yurt she walks on the wood frames of the walls and stares at the trees and sun. Pura Vida.
She is very pretty. I love her name to, I'm jealous I didn't think of it lol 🤪

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
We are probably talking about similar technologies, I meant metal halide lamps, as far as I know they are affordable.
I recently bought a very inexpensive Lucky Reptile Bright Sun UV Jungle, 50 Вт,
now I don’t use it, I use it as a reserve
Do those also require a ballast? Maybe I was just looking at the wrong brand 🤔

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Do those also require a ballast? Maybe I was just looking at the wrong brand 🤔
Yes, they also need a ballast, so the lamps are sold as a set with a ballast, but you can also buy a lamp separately. All of this is made in Germany, so it will be easy for you to find them on sale. I managed to buy the set I wrote about for about 25 euros. And I took it in reserve, because it would be unwise not to buy it at this price.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Yes, they also need a ballast, so the lamps are sold as a set with a ballast, but you can also buy a lamp separately. All of this is made in Germany, so it will be easy for you to find them on sale. I managed to buy the set I wrote about for about 25 euros. And I took it in reserve, because it would be unwise not to buy it at this price.
Cool thanks, I'll look into that. I saw a set for just shy of 300€ so I didn't look any further ;)

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Addition:
Metal halide lamps are a good source of light with a spectrum very similar to the solar spectrum, but the UV level in this lamp will clearly NOT be enough for a dragon, so I would not recommend this lamp to the author of the topic as the only one. He will need a T5 UVB tube in any case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom