Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi Christina
I am so sorry yo hear about Kazi. He was a great beardie with wonderful character. I remember your very first post about him. You were a wonderful mommy and gave him the best life possible. I am proud to know you and proud to say I got to each his wonderful life! RIP little Kazi, you will be missed.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
vickson420":15o4lukh said:
Hi Christina
I am so sorry yo hear about Kazi. He was a great beardie with wonderful character. I remember your very first post about him. You were a wonderful mommy and gave him the best life possible. I am proud to know you and proud to say I got to each his wonderful life! RIP little Kazi, you will be missed.

Thank you Vicky... he was a special little man! A complete crazy beardie - the perfect little Kamikaze :lol: I still remember you suggesting his name and it fitted him just perfectly!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I started working on Kazi's 'garden' today. It was an empty flowerbed but Im hoping I can make it nice, despite my lack of green fingers. So far, I have gotten rid of all of the weeds that I can. I have pulled out the old, wooden edging and I bought some nice bamboo edging - I thought this was fitting, since Kazi spent most of his first 2 years, climbing up the bamboo background I used to have in his viv or jumping at it and then climbing up under his UV LOL! He burnt his chin on that UV so many times LOL!
I just need to get a sheet to stop the weeds growing and then I will cover that with soil. There is no point planting this year so, for now, Im going to make it into a rockery which will include his basking rock. I might put a small tree in a pot in the middle of the rockery too, just for now. Then, in the spring, I can think about planting some flowers if I decide that would be better.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Christina, that all sounds wonderful, especially adding Kazi's basking spot to the rock garden. It's a fitting memorial for your wee monkey!
Thinking of you, glad you're staying in touch,
BIG HUGS
Deb

louby13

Hatchling Member
its totally normal to feel sad still honey ive never really got close to pets till i had a beardie and i still cry about Loki and we only had him the 2 nights and im always in tears with yoshi thinking something is wrong....it means you cared and i wish there were a lot more ppl out there who treated their pets well xxxxx

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
The garden sounds absolutely wonderful. I know it will be a work in progress until you can plant it next year but it sounds like a beautiful tribute and living memorial. *hugs*

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Deb, Louby and Carrie.
I just hope I can make the garden pretty. Im just not really that way inclined. But today, i was really happy to get started on it... I guess I was happy because I felt like I was doing something for my Kazi-man. I just hope it turns out how I picture it in my head.

Phoebe stayed awake today again. She also ate again! She even had proper cuddles with me and fell asleep on my chest this evening - Phoebe does not usually do this, EVER, so it is very strange but very comforting. Huff has been going crazy all day, running around and being very active. He has really helped life my spirits!! He also snuggled with me this evening and fell asleep on my shoulder. It was very sweet. I will make them a thread each and post some pictures there in the next couple of days.

Im still up and down and crying. Everytime I look over and see Kazi's empty tank I get upset. Even now that everyone is in bed I keep thinking 'I must check on Kazi' :(

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Christina, it will take awhile. It does help that you have Phoebe and Huff to take care of but you will miss Kazi for a long time. We lost our first two in 2006, one in August and the other one 2 days short of 2 months later in October. It doesn't hurt as bad now but I still miss them.

lesleyj

Hi...I don't really know where to start...I have 3 beardies, 1 water dragon, 5 leo's, and a fat tail gecko...last Friday night my "rescued" beardie turned solid black and stopped breathing only taking 1 to 2 breaths a minute for almost 3 hours...my husband immediately jumped on this website to see what to do and found your Kazi story. I have sat on my laptop for the past week reading every page from front to end through your ups and downs with this sweet little man and I have to say it has had me on an emotional rollercoaster! I was pulling so hard for the little wee man to pull through and when I got to the page where you posted that he didn't make it...I fell apart! And still haven't gotten myself together! I am so sorry for your loss and just want to say that that little guy had the best care and loving mom that any beardie could ever ask for! I only hope that I can be as good of a caretaker as you have been for yours! I have learned so much from you that I will take with me while raising my crew and I thank you for that! I know it is so hard to lose one after all the time and effort and love that you have dedicated to Kazi...just try to stay strong for the others because they need you as much as Kazi did! Just remember they feel your stress and know when you are upset...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband and again I am terribly sorry for your lose! Loves from across the pond!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you, Lesley. Kazi was such a fighter! I think his personality helped him out a lot! I knew it was time though. Apparently I told my mum and my mother in law on Monday that I didn't think he would be around much longer :( I guess, deep down, I really knew he couldn't fight any longer.
Thank you all for your kind words and support. Il never forget my wee monkey!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi Christina,
I just read many pages of Kazi last moments and condolences, and I'm barely able to type through my tears...........I know you and I have already corresponded on my thread, but I wanted to say I'm so sorry again, to you and your hubby and family. I know it's been a tough time for all, and I agree, Kazi will never be forgotten........What gives me comfort is..........He's at peace, has many playmates, and our resident beardie keeper, Roger, is overseeing them all..........I'll pray for a peaceful comforting expression of solace. (((((((cyber hugs)))))))

KittyHugsBear.gif

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
These were the last 'good' pics I took of Kazi, the Sunday before he passed away, not long after I installed his new UVB light... I just thought I should share them!

DSCF0626.jpg

DSCF0627.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
From those pics I'd have never known anything was wrong with him, thanks for posting the pics I really enjoyed them made me smile first thing.

Kalyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom