Is vinyl safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paksta

Is vinyl safe for my pooper? i have some extra laying around, so i was wondering if i could use it? thanksies!

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
I assume you mean vinyl flooring? Then the answer is no. When heated, these things can outgas, potentially making your dragon sick. However, if they are not heated, they should be ok to use. My male dragons cage is lined with vinyl tiles, but I have slate tiles over them, so direct heat is never applied.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
If you are going to use vinyl or linoleum, make sure it is the kind that has no adhesive on the back. I have vinyl flooring in my vivs. It is a heavy duty flooring. When I installed the vinyl I allowed two full days of having the heat on with no beardie in the viv. This way if there were any chemicals or gases, it would have time to burn off. There was an odor for the first few hours. My oldest beardie has been on the vinyl for a year now with no problems :D

dociledragons

Juvie Member
gulfbrzdawn":86190 said:
If you are going to use vinyl or linoleum, make sure it is the kind that has no adhesive on the back. I have vinyl flooring in my vivs. It is a heavy duty flooring. When I installed the vinyl I allowed two full days of having the heat on with no beardie in the viv. This way if there were any chemicals or gases, it would have time to burn off. There was an odor for the first few hours. My oldest beardie has been on the vinyl for a year now with no problems :D

I don't know if it is or not.. but just b/c you don't see sing doesn't mean nothing is happening internally. I was just stay away to be on the safe side. but, that's me

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I actually have a non adhesive linoleum flooring down in all of mine. I've been using it as the main flooring for my enclosures for a couple of years now. There are a few members here that use the exact same flooring with their enclosures. It's a woodgrain looking stuff that looks kind of like hardwood flooring but has texture to it...also has some cush to it. Just to be on the safe side you can place a few squares of tile in the basking area under the basking spot. I use MVB's and have had no problems with it other than if it's not the thicker grade it will want to curl at the edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom