Mating season?

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So my little guy has been extra feisty, not mean but head bobbing and freaking out about his reflection more, normally he really has to stare at a mirror for a while to even head bob a little. Today I walked by one with him on my shoulder (didn’t even realize) and he dove off of me black bearded and started going nuts. And I thought his cage was covered well enough so he can’t see himself, well he can, and at this point in concerned about a concussion 😂. Any advice, I have a black coating around the outside of the tank, I have a cricut maker so do you think it’s safe if I put some black vinyl from that on the inside? My friend mentioned it was mating season, so I’m assuming this is why this is happening?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So my little guy has been extra feisty, not mean but head bobbing and freaking out about his reflection more, normally he really has to stare at a mirror for a while to even head bob a little. Today I walked by one with him on my shoulder (didn’t even realize) and he dove off of me black bearded and started going nuts. And I thought his cage was covered well enough so he can’t see himself, well he can, and at this point in concerned about a concussion 😂. Any advice, I have a black coating around the outside of the tank, I have a cricut maker so do you think it’s safe if I put some black vinyl from that on the inside? My friend mentioned it was mating season, so I’m assuming this is why this is happening?
I would cover the tank w/ magazine pages -- newspaper etc on the outside -- if hes not black bearding he should be fine -- just watch the behavior -- eating moving around basking pooping etc

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I would cover the tank w/ magazine pages -- newspaper etc on the outside -- if hes not black bearding he should be fine -- just watch the behavior -- eating moving around basking pooping etc
So he’s refusing to bask, I try to force him but every time I look back he’s other at the bottom of his cage or on the cool side, my concern in that his uvb doesn’t cover the entire tank only half and he won’t stay on that side, he’s eating somewhat but only a couple roaches like 1-3 and he normally eats like 5-10, but his poops look perfectly fine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So he’s refusing to bask, I try to force him but every time I look back he’s other at the bottom of his cage or on the cool side, my concern in that his uvb doesn’t cover the entire tank only half and he won’t stay on that side, he’s eating somewhat but only a couple roaches like 1-3 and he normally eats like 5-10, but his poops look perfectly fine.
Dragons know what they for their lights--

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom