Is My beardie Laying

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
It is normal if they are ready to lay and don't feel they have an appropriate spot to do so. Have you given her a lay box to do so?

-Brandon
Yes, I have given her the same lay box she had when she laid her first clutch. But, she hasn’t really been using it. Only digging around it.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I put her in the lay box. But she just came back out. She settled down for the day a couple hours ago. She randomly laid when she wasn’t being frantic. It is actually a pet carrier. But, that is the only thing she would dig in the last time. She might have dug in it twice this time. Only really digging around it.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Can you post a picture of the lay box setup you have for her?

What substrate are you using in it?

-Brandon
I’m using play sand
image.jpg

I made the hole to encourage her to dig there.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
She’s just basking right now. She was digging and glass surfing earlier today. But, she has already settled down for the day. I’m not sure what to do.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have a picture of the egg she laid?

It sometimes helps for them to feel like they can dig down, as opposed to sideways. So having a bin of that moist playsand that is 8-12 inches deep and putting her on top of it might encourage her to lay if she is needing to.

-Brandon

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
image.jpg

This is the egg. I took it out before I took a picture. I don’t believe I have that big of a box. Can I just add a lot of play sand to her tank instead?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom