Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

I am working on it, the functions have changed
since the site upgrade.
How is your girl doing today?

Tracie
Ok, thank you very much! Today, she has ate what I handed her so far. She also got some food by herself yesterday and the day before. Yesterday, she had a slight dark beard for some of the day. Then, at one point it was quite dark. It got bright when I gave her food. I cleaned her tank so I think she was mad from that. I guess she looks slightly like weak or sore still. But, very subtly. Just a little off. Like it’s hard to describe. Like she will run down for food and chase it. But, it takes her a little longer to decide to turn find a spot to sit after she runs and eats. And other small things like that. Like maybe slightly more effort to get on to her basking. But, that is also not very noticeable. And I actually only saw her get into her basking the day she laid eggs. The other times she has done it when I wasn’t around. So, I’m not sure if she is slightly weaker or I’m just imagining it.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Ok, thank you very much! Today, she has ate what I handed her so far. She also got some food by herself yesterday and the day before. Yesterday, she had a slight dark beard for some of the day. Then, at one point it was quite dark. It got bright when I gave her food. I cleaned her tank so I think she was mad from that. I guess she looks slightly like weak or sore still. But, very subtly. Just a little off. Like it’s hard to describe. Like she will run down for food and chase it. But, it takes her a little longer to decide to turn find a spot to sit after she runs and eats. And other small things like that. Like maybe slightly more effort to get on to her basking. But, that is also not very noticeable. And I actually only saw her get into her basking the day she laid eggs. The other times she has done it when I wasn’t around. So, I’m not sure if she is slightly weaker or I’m just imagining it.
I saw her go on her basking. I suppose sometimes it looks like she is taking some miss steps. But, it is also very subtle. Thank you for all your help!

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Yes they can be tired after digging for hours or days, then laying a couple dozen eggs ! Keep her well fed + hydrated , use calcium powder and make sure she has proper uvb + heat.
Ok, I’ve been giving her calcium piwder and spraying her greens with water. She went crazy for the crickets today. I think she saw some in the distance and started running crazy for them. And was trying to eat them through the glass. I gave her some. I checked her basking today. It is all around 95. I have proper uvb. But, when I turn it off sometimes it will flash on for a millisecond like ten seconds after I turn it off. Does that mean there is something wrong with it? But, other than that it has not been six months since it was changed.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Ok, I’ve been giving her calcium piwder and spraying her greens with water. She went crazy for the crickets today. I think she saw some in the distance and started running crazy for them. And was trying to eat them through the glass. I gave her some. I checked her basking today. It is all around 95. I have proper uvb. But, when I turn it off sometimes it will flash on for a millisecond like ten seconds after I turn it off. Does that mean there is something wrong with it? But, other than that it has not been six months since it was changed.
Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
YW ! Some uvb lights might flicker briefly when turned on, as long as they're not over 6 months it's fine. How many crickets did you give her and are they the large ?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
YW ! Some uvb lights might flicker briefly when turned on, as long as they're not over 6 months it's fine. How many crickets did you give her and are they the large ?
Today she had 6. They are definitely supposed to be large. Sometimes they don’t look large. Today they looked larger than most of the time. But, I’m still not sure if they are large.

Attachments

• C7692005-DAC2-4E98-8B78-82C3E34AE493.jpeg
    C7692005-DAC2-4E98-8B78-82C3E34AE493.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 34

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
YW ! The extra crickets is because their body uses a lot more fuel to form and lay the eggs. Imagine that in 4-5 weeks how much it took to develop 25 eggs. That's an enormous expenditure of resources, nutrients and energy.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
YW ! The extra crickets is because their body uses a lot more fuel to form and lay the eggs. Imagine that in 4-5 weeks how much it took to develop 25 eggs. That's an enormous expenditure of resources, nutrients and energy.
Ok, I’ll give her extra for a little while then. Should I give her 10 everyday?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
It doesn't have to be exactly 10, it could be 8-10 plus make sure she gets her veggies like you do.
Ok, thank you very much! She hasn’t grabbed any greens today by herself yet. But, she happily eats them when I hand it to her. She almost ate it by herself a couple times though. Because she chases the tweezers when I go to pick them up.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom