Wtf is this

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
You guys were right. She laid another clutch. She just finished (I think) and is doing this.? Spinning in circles, doing this and scratching. Is she "burying" the eggs.? Even though they're not on the bed.? Should we be worried.? She keeps doing it

Edit to add, she laid one more egg on the bed. Shes acting like she's trying to find a comfortable position to lay them or something. Could she be having trouble getting them out.??

Last edited:

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
You guys were right. She laid another clutch. She just finished (I think) and is doing this.? Spinning in circles, doing this and scratching. Is she "burying" the eggs.? Even though they're not on the bed.? Should we be worried.? She keeps doing it

Edit to add, she laid one more egg on the bed. Shes acting like she's trying to find a comfortable position to lay them or something. Could she be having trouble getting them out.??

She can be egg bound but not entirely sure. She could be burying the eggs even though they're not there.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She is not egg bound, if she was she wouldn't be getting them out. She is likely tired and restless.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
She is not egg bound, if she was she wouldn't be getting them out. She is likely tired and restless.
Why was she flicking her head like that.? She did it for like fifteen, twenty minutes last night before settling down. Then when she got up this morning, she wouldn't bask, she'd wander around and just scratch.

She definitely looks tired. She ate some super worms, which is good. I'm a tad shocked she laid them less than a month after her first. Will she not lay anymore this year or can we expect a third clutch sometime soon.?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, 3-4 weeks time between clutches is average. No telling if she'll lay another but if you see her weight increase a lot in a short time again it may happen again.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
She may just be trying to root with her nose, Ruby always does that in the lay box. She ends up with a pile of sand on her head every time lol.

Attachments

• 20240128_080930.jpg
    20240128_080930.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 25

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yes, 3-4 weeks time between clutches is average. No telling if she'll lay another but if you see her weight increase a lot in a short time again it may happen again.
So, I mean, could she really lay another in about a month.? How many should we be realistically looking to expect.? I thought they only paid two a year or so.?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She could, you'll have to wait + see. They can lay more than 5 clutches in a season but most first time layers of infertile eggs lay fewer. One of mine laid 8 clutches in a season.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
She could, you'll have to wait + see. They can lay more than 5 clutches in a season but most first time layers of infertile eggs lay fewer. One of mine laid 8 clutches in a season.
What is the timeframe of the laying season.? Man, she scratches to get out just to dig in the kitchen when she's getting ready to lay. I don't know if I can handle that six more times 😅😅

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
What is the timeframe of the laying season.? Man, she scratches to get out just to dig in the kitchen when she's getting ready to lay. I don't know if I can handle that six more times 😅😅
Ruby is a holy terror before she lays 😁 so far she has done 2 clutches at a time.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Time frame can vary but in the U.S it's mostly early spring to fall, with variations depending on what the seasons are where you live.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
It sounds like she is busy laying & burying her eggs! As AHBD stated, she could lay more eggs, or,
she might not. They don't all lay multiple clutches, it greatly varies.
It can really drain them so she is probably just tired. Be sure she gets extra calcium & fluids too, just
to help her out.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
It sounds like she is busy laying & burying her eggs! As AHBD stated, she could lay more eggs, or,
she might not. They don't all lay multiple clutches, it greatly varies.
It can really drain them so she is probably just tired. Be sure she gets extra calcium & fluids too, just
to help her out.

Tracie
She's a totally different lizard now. She's eating well, basking and is nice and plump again. It's wild she laid another clutch. I hope she's done for now. She was exhausted for daaayyyys after this last one.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great to hear! I'm glad she is doing much better now. Hopefully she wont lay anymore eggs
right now! I'm sure she is definitely worn out, bless her.
Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom