Is he a leatherback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Omg awesome thank you!! We saw him and we were like.... Is that a leatherback?! And of course the lady at petco doesn't even know what that is lol so we were like we'll take him! Only $30

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's really pretty, with great markings like so many of them have. Roger is a smooth little dragon. :) Nice size, too. Is he settling in O.K.and eating yet ?

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not eating yet. But he's sitting up nice and tall! He's a strong little guy, and very friendly! He would rather be holding onto us than in his tank! We think he's going to do wonderfully. So happy to have him with the family :) we're going to take him to the vet in a few weeks for a routine fecal test since we got Gary from Petco and he had parasites before. We just can't resist saving this little guys from that place. I can't believe they had a leatherback. The lady didn't even know what that was!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Leathers are common enough now that some of the store suppliers breed them for their stores. Some stores label them as fancy. If you breed a leather with a normal scaled dragon you will get a percentage of leathers in every clutch.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I think usually they charge more for the "fancies", right? He was in the back, they hadn't brought him out yet. Just so glad we grabbed him when we could. We will take excellent care of him unlike most people who buy from Petco!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom