WHOOO HOOO!!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
24 total πŸ˜€
I'll get the vermiculite tomorrow, the shop isn't open today.
I had to run errands, the incubator was at 85Β° and 75% humidity when I left.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The perlite will work, I've used it a couple times successfully, but I agree with AHBD, I ended up liking vermiculite much better and it's what I used 99% of the time. I used straight 100% vermiculite though, never mixed it with sand.

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Last time Ruby clutched, she had a 2nd clutch like 2 weeks later. I'm wondering if I should get a 2nd incubator just in case.
There is still room in the one I have, I guess I can maybe just put them in a 2nd container if she decides to do a repeat πŸ€”

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Last time Ruby clutched, she had a 2nd clutch like 2 weeks later. I'm wondering if I should get a 2nd incubator just in case.
There is still room in the one I have, I guess I can maybe just put them in a 2nd container if she decides to do a repeat πŸ€”
It’s probably worth finding an incubator in advance and preparing to buy it. If Ruby shows readiness to lay eggs, then an incubator will definitely be needed.
If they are not so easy to buy, then I would buy them in advance.
I wonder how many clutches will be fertilized after one dragon wedding night?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
They have an internal repository for the sperm and can lay fertile eggs for about a year.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
If I understand it correctly, they have 4 egg beds, and they can be or become active at any time and in any order. With that in mind they could have a massive clutch, or 4 smaller ones back to back, or somewhere in between. Or like a beardie I remember here a while back that seemed to never stop laying. (I think I would consider having her spayed in that scenario because of the calcium reserves that would be depleted).
Todays lesson in caution is brought to you by the letter K (knocked up) so if your tempted to let your male have a little fun with your female just remember it might not be one, or even twin babies...... it could be a hundred or more from one mating πŸ˜‰

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I read it somewhere online a bit back, but I have come across it a couple times

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
They really are.
They come pretty darned equipped to survive straight out of the egg to.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
How many yellow ones did you end up with ?
Only 1 that was completely yellow and i think 3 that had yellow spots in them.
She laid the solid yellow one the next morning and it was hard as a rock. That made 25 in total.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
There is, but they aren't completely yellow. I agree they're likely slugs, but I'll give them a few days and check them. The last one was solid, it for sure was a slug.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. πŸ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom