Im back! :-)

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
Hi,

Well it's been so many years since I've had a Dragon and been on the forum but discovering it again after my guy Irwin passed away.

RIP Irwin
IMG_20160410_104343.jpg

Been keeping reptiles since the 80's.. everything from newts and lizards collected locally as a kid to a leopard gecko and even an Iguanna in my teen years raised to a 14 year old adult from hatchling. Until recently I also had an Oscellated Skink pictured below named "slick" who far exceeded his lifespan and just this year passed away as well. I had him for 32 years!!
IMG_20160405_110057.jpg

A few years ago just having just Slick wasn't enough and was feeling nostalgic of the days i had my LG so I decided to get another named Sahara from David's Fine Geckos.

IMG_20170125_171638.jpg

I've been trying bioactive setup for her setup.. running 4 years running now. I was killing plants at first but getting hang of it now I think...
20231029_082312.jpg

BUT the main reason you are probably here is that you like bearded dragon.. so here is my latest addition...
20231026_153704.jpg

Here's a pic of the little guy..born Aug 29th. He is a zero leatherback from https://andrewsreptilesllc.com

His name is Jackson. This pic when he was 5 weeks old or so.. he's growing so fast... as they do. Look forward to sharing my journey with him. Currently working on his forever home... yeah it's pretty big!

20231206_154229.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Welcome back 🙂
I'm sorry to hear about your guys passing, but wow they had long lives.
Jackson is a cutie, i look forward to seeing his progress as he grows 🙂

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
Thanks. It's OK death is part of life. Yeah Jackson is a cute little guy. He really likes his greens too so I'm thankful to be off to a good start with him. Now just trying to tame him down. Don't let that cuteness fool you.. he loves to bite! Err :-(

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
When I first got Sinatra he was a biter, but he hasn't nipped at me in months now. Jackson will get there 🙂

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
When I first got Sinatra he was a biter, but he hasn't nipped at me in months now. Jackson will get there 🙂
Absolutely. When I got Irwin he was 5 months if I recall and never behaved this way so I was lucky. Jackson is the youngest I've started from and at this age i syspect they are very insecure. I swear he thinks I want to eat him lol. No buddy.. I want to feed you! I hand feed him his greens and I've can entise him to run out of cafe onto my arm to eat a hornworm.. so making progress. My gecko was the same way when young and grew out of it.. obviously I don't want an adult dragon biting on me.. now it's cute but later that is really going to hurt! Yikes🤪

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Absolutely. When I got Irwin he was 5 months if I recall and never behaved this way so I was lucky. Jackson is the youngest I've started from and at this age i syspect they are very insecure. I swear he thinks I want to eat him lol. No buddy.. I want to feed you! I hand feed him his greens and I've can entise him to run out of cafe onto my arm to eat a hornworm.. so making progress. My gecko was the same way when young and grew out of it.. obviously I don't want an adult dragon biting on me.. now it's cute but later that is really going to hurt! Yikes🤪
I startled Sinatra awake about 2 weeks in, he laid the entire side of my thumb wide-open lol. He was 8 month's old at the time. It was entirely my fault though. Now he is a snuggle bug. He is 20 months now.
Jackson is still insecure for sure. I've raised 3 from babies, it took 2 of them a year/year and a half to really calm down, one was bold and comfortable within a couple months. With patience though they all come around. 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom