Instagram madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Aceyourface":2ifbhbs8 said:
While this is slightly cute can we all agree this is a terrible idea?
That is NOT ok! I agree whole heartedly.
I'm not sure if this post follows site policy though. Images posted to spark controversy are prohibited. Yet, this is more about someone who just has too much time on their hands. Hmmm... I would say it's ok, but it might not hurt to ask our site administrator "beardie" or one of our Mods :wink:

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm not trying to spark controversy. I don't think anyone else on here is thinking about doing this. Plus I've seen a bunch of posts like this and the mods don't seem to mind. Unless they just haven't seen them. But yeah not trying to start anything just thought it would be interesting to see what others think about it. And on a side note I went back and reread the site policies and it didn't mention this. It did say not to post certain types of videos for shock value. Which I suppose would also apply to shocking photos. But again that wasn't my intention.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Aceyourface":2h4f8d0u said:
I'm not trying to spark controversy. I don't think anyone else on here is thinking about doing this. Plus I've seen a bunch of posts like this and the mods don't seem to mind. Unless they just haven't seen them. But yeah not trying to start anything just thought it would be interesting to see what others think about it. And on a side note I went back and reread the site policies and it didn't mention this. It did say not to post certain types of videos for shock value. Which I suppose would also apply to shocking photos. But again that wasn't my intention.
I don't think anyone here would think that was your intention. :wink:

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
morphmom":1n3hgu1s said:
Aceyourface":1n3hgu1s said:
I don't think anyone here would think that was your intention. :wink:
I know I just wanted to make it clear just in case. :) I like that this forum is drama free so I am doing my best to stay with in the rules.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I think painting it's skin is bad. But I thought the nails are ok. I have personally painted my dogs nails a lot of times and they have never gotten sick before. I just wouldn't let my beardie lick the polish.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
brittani299":2yi3tcvf said:
I think painting it's skin is bad. But I thought the nails are ok. I have personally painted my dogs nails a lot of times and they have never gotten sick before. I just wouldn't let my beardie lick the polish.
There are polishes that are non toxic and designed for pets. I don't know the effects on BD's though.

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
I painted my Lizzy's claws and just left the paint wear off on it's own. I think nails are ok.
-BUT-

How on earth would she remove the nail polish from it's skin????? I would NEVER put nail polish remover (or any other chemical)
on their nails, much less on their SKIN!!!!! That can't be good!

Brieana

Hatchling Member
That's just ridiculous. The fumes must have been torture for that little guy.
I hate looking at the bearded dragon tag on instagram. It's full of scrawny, unhealthy Beardies and girls using them as an excuse to take pictures of their chests. :roll:

brittani299

Extreme Poster
It is an app for your phone. You take a pic and it distores it and then you can post to Facebook or twitter. It is kinda cool. You can make your pics black and white or wavy all sorts of different distorts.

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
There are also a lot of great beardie owners on instagram. But it's unfortunate there are a lot of irresponsible ones too. For those who don't know instagram is a smartphone app that allows you to take pictures and add filters to them. You can also add hash tags to them so others can see. It's kinda like Facebook and Twitter but you just take pictures. I do know they make nail polish for dogs. Not sure if it's ok on bearded dragons. Unfortunatly if you look close enough that bottle in the picture says Revlon. And yeah aside from the fumes I don't see much of an issue with nails. But the scales and spikes on the head and sides? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom