Hubbard Squash for Beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonador

My grandma made Hubbard Squash for dinner tonight...I took home a couple of pieces. I was wondering if Beardies could eat it?

Thanks~

Sonador

Original Poster
Ah, thank you very much!

The squash had some butter and cinnamon on the top, so I cut all that off. I tried offering some to her, but she completely ignored it. I mashed it up with my fingers, but she still won't even lick it...

Which leads me to my next question.

How should I feed it? Mashed up or straight?

What about the rind? I saved that, too, but I don't think it would pass through her digestive system nicely...well, it was worth asking.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
No problem! :)
You could try dabbing a bit of mashed squash on her nose to see if she'll lick it off and maybe get a taste for it. (that's how I have to get my big guy to try new things. He'll sometimes lick near whatever I'm offering him, but never actually eats any until he licks it off his nose and realizes it's tasty and I'm not trying to poison him lol :roll:).
Anyways. :) Mashed up or cut into bite-sized pieces are both good ways to serve her the squash, she may even end up preferring one way over the other! And good thinking on removing the rind; I'm not positive if it's serve-able, but it doesn't sound like it would be very easy to digest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom