Squash showing up in poop? For both beardies

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I been giving my beardies butternut squash 2 times a day 7 days a week but I have noticed it has been showing up in their stool. For example I give them a bath (separately of course) and they soak a bit then 95% of the time they will poop which is fine. Then as they do that once the poop breaks up because I emptied their bath I notice a faint amount of squash floating/sinking to the bottom.

Is this a normal thing? I prepare the squash by peeling it with a potato peeler so it's super thin and then cut it into bite size pieces. I always get the precut/skinned butternut squash and sometimes they seem to not wanna touch their greens unless I top it off with butternut squash.

Just wanted to make sure it's ok to see some squash in their poop

NOTE: their basking temps range from 99 degrees to 108.5-109 degrees so I don't think it's a digestion issue due to not basking under hot enough lights

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom