How many beardies would you have if you could?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I think I'm the only one here who is good with one beardie! :lol: If I had multiples, I just don't think I could give them all enough attention! Having, like, five Dudleys seems a little overwhelming. But having zero is lonely, so I'm looking forward to getting Dudders back from Jen tomorrow. :wink: Haha.

Now geckos on the other hand I could easily start hoarding LOL. They aren't as demanding as a beardie.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
chunny":2xq96e0a said:
I only have one now but i wish i had 6. Ive been thinking about asking for one for my bday on friday :lol:

No one can have just one!! It's like against the law or something.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I had 5 until Sweetie passed away in Dec/11. Now I have 4 males, Rubio 4, Lonzo 9, Leo 5 & Didi 6. I would love to have a baby, but my hours & travelling for work means I'm out of the house for 11 hrs a day, too much to give the baby the attention it would deserve. I still have Sweetie's tank set up in my bedroom, in case there's a rescue that needs help. You never know! I've had 2 other females besides Sweetie, Angel was a rescue, has severe MBD & we had her for a year before she passed away from kidney problems. Issy was 19 mo old (she'd be the same age as Rubio) when she got a virus & passed away. So now it's just my boys. If I didn't have to work & had more $, I'd have more, more, more!!!!! I love beardies! Can you tell?
Deb

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":6rjbuzhf said:
I had 5 until Sweetie passed away in Dec/11. Now I have 4 males, Ruibo 4, Lonzo 9, Leo 5 & Didi 6. I would love to have a baby, but my hours & travelling for work means I'm out of the house for 11 hrs a day, too much to give the baby the attention it would deserve. I still have Sweetie's tank set up in my bedroom, in case there's a rescue that needs help. You never know! I've had 2 other females besides Sweetie, Angel was a rescue, has severe MBD & we had her for a year before she passed away from kidney problems. Issy was 19 mo old (she'd be the same age as Rubio) when she got a virus & passed away. So now it's just my boys. If I didn't have to work & had more $, I'd have more, more, more!!!!! I love beardies! Can you tell?
Deb

Yup! you can definitely tell! LOL I think 7 is good for me right now. Thank god they are all getting older now. My youngest is 8 months old, had her since she was 6 weeks. Then I have a 9 month old, a 1 year old, (2) 2 year olds, a 1 1/2 year old, and one that I'm not sure of her age.. So as adults, they are SO much easier!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
lauraj1055":19hzm71x said:
chunny":19hzm71x said:
I only have one now but i wish i had 6. Ive been thinking about asking for one for my bday on friday :lol:

No one can have just one!! It's like against the law or something.

MBS- Multiple Beardie Syndrome :D

They're like lays potato chips....bet ya can't have just one :laughing6:
Amanda

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
MBS now that's a great illness to have. I just love my boys, I've been home from reactions to stomach flu & it's been really nice to spend time with them all.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Irwinshealth":3vkj0gq5 said:
Amanda,
I love your phrases.....I may have to use them :D . I will let my husband know I have MBS

I can't claim the MBS, I read that on here and stole it :laughing6: I soooo have MBS :lol:
And I may not be the first to have use the Lays remark either but I hadn't read it anywhere. One day my sister stopped by after I had got my 3rd and 4th dragons She adores them but she wondered how many I was going to get. I had a bag of Lays in my hand and just had to say it :laughing6:
I guess if I was a wealthy person I'd have as many as I could take care of and give lots of cuddles and love to everyday! I'm at 4, could probably do 2 more and everyone would still get great attention. My husband and I are retired and have all day with our dragons...no empty nest syndrome here :lol:

Amanda

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I so envy you Amanda, I don't retire for another 8 1/2 yrs, so when I'm home I take advantage & cuddle them as much as possible. As I have 4 boys, can't cuddle them all at once (too bad) but they tend to try to jump on each other & bite & fight, so that's out. Makes for an interesting time, though. I would so get more if I had more time.
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom