Home made huts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather85

Hatchling Member
My daughter had suggested that we make a hut for her bearded dragon out of a small cardboard box (specifically the box that contained my house hold light bulbs) so I was wondering if that would be ok or can it somehow hurt Spike??

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
I have a L shaped cardboard hut right now, I want to paper mache it, and use a non-toxic sealer on it, but I've been too busy. He sleeps in it every night, I have some reptile carpet under it, so it's soft for him, he loves it.

Heather85

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
StreetMoggy":3m6yjmtw said:
I have a L shaped cardboard hut right now, I want to paper mache it, and use a non-toxic sealer on it, but I've been too busy. He sleeps in it every night, I have some reptile carpet under it, so it's soft for him, he loves it.
ok so after your post we took the box and folded a wash cloth and put it in there so he would be comfy and took another wash cloth and wrapped the box so he can climb on it too without slipping off.... :) I hope he likes it

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
Sounds good! just watch the loops on the cloth. their sharp needle point nails can get caught in looped fabric. They can tend to attempt to 'dig' in their huts. If you have your dragon out and about, or have some slate in the enclosure, it will filed down these points, and you'll have less risks. You can even use paper towel. get some nice thick bounty heh.

Heather85

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
StreetMoggy":1trkd0tc said:
Sounds good! just watch the loops on the cloth. their sharp needle point nails can get caught in looped fabric. They can tend to attempt to 'dig' in their huts. If you have your dragon out and about, or have some slate in the enclosure, it will filed down these points, and you'll have less risks. You can even use paper towel. get some nice thick bounty heh.
yea I have him out a lot and his nails aren't too sharp but I will watch him and see if hes getting stuck at all thanks for the advice! oh! I noticed him bite the paper towel today... will that hurt him at all if he ends up eating a little bit of it??

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
no, I doubt a little piece would disrupt his system, my guy ate some by mistake when a big glob of banana was on some paper towel.
If it looks like he is actually eating the paper towel though, or trying to regularly, then I'd remove it.

Heather85

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
StreetMoggy":3oasa55t said:
no, I doubt a little piece would disrupt his system, my guy ate some by mistake when a big glob of banana was on some paper towel.
If it looks like he is actually eating the paper towel though, or trying to regularly, then I'd remove it.
he only tried that once and I think it was because a cricket ran under it and he was going for the cricket and got paper lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom