Help!! Spasms!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Could she have fallen off of something and injured her spine or suffered neurological damage? She does not look good and should be taken to a vet. Do you have a reptile vet that you know of in your area?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
She is a very young juvie so I honestly doubt she is gravid(still possible if she was housed with older males).Let me ask you is she having trouble moving her limbs?All of them or just the back?Color looks good which is great and I am sure she is deperate for uvb and calcium at this point so I would def start there but the lumps keep leading me to impaction being a major issue here.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she is having trouble moving her pretty much much front and back legs. but i did see her attempt to move which she did but very awkwardly. i mixed calcium and water and shook it.. i driped it in her mouth and she downed alot of it.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok you need to get her to a vet.If she is gravid then she is bound and wont be able to pass the eggs alone.If she is impacted its gotten to the point where its pushing on the spine.It could be calcium deficiency but again she would need a vet and liquid calcium and last possibility is as Diane said a fall that injured her spine.I am sorry to be so vague but she relaly needs an XRay to really see whats going on.In the meantime keeo her comfortable and hydrated and no solid food.Can you get her to a vet tomorrow?

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have school this whole week though.. im tryin to figure out how to get her there..

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no that is not her.. that dragon in particular already laid her eggs.. she is fine.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok didnt think so just had to check.This is one of those things that needs care asap especially if she is going to regain full use of her limbs.I understand you have school believe me but you have to get her in tomorrow.Its not one of those things that can wait.In the meantime remove anything she can attempt to climb from her tank so she doesnt have a fall,ok?

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
my dad is friends with Tom Greek (Vet) so he will give him a call and hopefully bring her in after i get off of school (2:00). The setup is just paper towels, her basking rock, and a water dish

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure if she can wait until you get home from school though. It would probably be a good idea to lay her on fluffy towel so she doesn't get hurt trying to move around.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok i put her on a nice towel. for the school thing, as i have had a flu the past week i missed school, so parents said cant miss school for a while.. im tryin my best to keep her comfortable

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, I guess that's all you can do at this point. Please keep us updated on her and let us know how the vet visit goes. Hopefully they can do something to help her, good luck.

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks diamc,vickson420 for all your help and will keep you guys updated. i turned off their lights so hopefully she is still "kickin" in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom