HELP! Beardie eating no BM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is eating veggies fine, but will not touch crickets anymore. Also will not eat mealworms anymore. Appetite for veggies seems good but has not had a BM in over a week!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
How old is your beardie?
What are his temps for basking, warm end and cooler end? What type of uv do you have? Do you usually feed many mealworms?

ngillpatrick

Original Poster
4 months old 105 on warm end of tank, 85 on cool end. usual feed is crickets with turnip greens, kale, and bok choy as staples. Using a reptisun 10.0 and basking lamp.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Here are a couple of suggestions for you to try. Temps can be as high as 110 depending on the beardie. Go to the grocery store and get either canned pumpkin(not pie filler but canned pumpkin) or unsweetened baby food applesauce,add a drop of olive oil or mineral oil and feed this (small amount and just a DROP of oil) to your beardie,dab it on his nose and let him lick it off. Also giving beardies a bath is a good thing. Beardies normally do not drink from a dish,so they soak up water through their vents(where they poop) thus staying hydrated. Put your dragon in the tub or rubbermaid container with baby warm water up to his shoulders and let him soak,gently massaging from his "armpit" on the right side all the way down to the vent area.These suggestions should help.And please go easy or stop feeding meal worms, they have a hard chitin shell and can cause impaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom