Health? Disease? Need help! MBD maybe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The outside will help take him out for 15 minutes hold him direct sunlight- your gonna haft to start feeding him slurries blend mustard bok choy in a blender- he needs to be hydrated when was the last time he had water? Either use a syringe or eye dropper to get water in him-- go slow so he does not aspirate-- make the slurries soupy so he can get water thru that- feed him 3 times per day small amounts- like 1-2 MLS out of a syringe-- or if he will lick off of a spoon that would be good but he is getting weaker from not eating
Karrie

amberkonecny

Original Poster
I try and open his mouth but I dont want to hurt him, everyone I try and open his mouth it will barley open is that normal and is there any other way to blend food cause I only have a food processor and it doesn’t really chop up food much

amberkonecny

Original Poster
And should I move his lights over to the other side of the tank cause he doesn’t seem to climb the log or anything baking temp in his basking area is 95.1 and should I mee the water bowl in there

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make a slurry your food processor should work blend up those vegies so they are like guacomole add water to it so you can either feed by syringe or if he will lick that would be good - IAM wondering if the mbd is so bad now he can't chew- he ate a week ago? You said he was having a hard time chewing correct? You need to up basking temp to 95-110-- look at wattage on the bulb
Karrie
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do not move the water bowl in the tank - get him take it out get a eye dropper or syringe and give him water- either drop.it in his nose or go in on the side of his mouth and wiggle the dropper or syringe in between his lips so he opens his mouth but beware he may bite down on the eye dropper or syringe- you want his lights together - if you haft to.take the UVB put it width wise-- across the tank close to.the basking bulb so he's under both- put him on something so he's 8-10 inches from the UVB make sure any moving if decor that basking temps are 95-110-- if you haft use a blanket or towel
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need a higher wattage basking bulb 150
These temps and UVB are crucial he's at a point your gonna haft to step in and really take care if him now if he is to live
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so he is able to chew still that is good he is weak from not eating those basking temps need to go up and UVB properly placed
Karrie

amberkonecny

Original Poster
Ok. And in the picture I sent of him, his nose isn’t blocked or anything is it and I will take him out and try to syringe feed him, but currently he is trying to poop

amberkonecny

Original Poster
I’ll see if I can buy the light today and can you send me a picture it the things I can use to hold the lights on. And should I move the lights over to the other said if the tank so he can bask in that side and closer. Can you also send a picture of what the light placement should look like please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The T 5 is on top of the screen ? Take the screen off for now move the T 5 to the center of the tank going width wise --- then take the screen and place it half on the top of the tank so your basking light will sit on top of the screen -- make your basking area the center of the tank -- that way you dont haft to buy clamps for the dome--- this is what you need for a basking light a Exo Terro 150 watt basking bulb --- when you are done doing what I have instructed post a pic of the tank and I can look and see if its going to work - in the meantime get water in him -- he may not be eating because hes dehydrated - they wont eat if they are dehydrated
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom