Gus, Roux, & Babies (Dial-up beware HVY Pics) ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Barbara, they are adorable! The look on Peewee's face made me laugh. It's almost like he's saying "I'll get you for this, just you wait".

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Lori! :lol:
Is cooling down any for you yet? We finally dropped below 100* yesterday...even though that was suppose to happen about 3 days ago. :roll:
I am praying that we do drop to 90* by the end of the week like they were saying so I can ship Tristan his baby #4. Poor Kaleen and PeeWee will have to wait cuz she's in AZ. I just don't know how one handles that heat...I can not imagine it being hotter and for longer than we are here.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad you liked my opinion on PeeWee's look. :lol:

I believe Kaylene is in the Phoenix area. There high is a standard of 113+/- in the summer times. The people who live there get used to it. A/C is mandatory here where in the Mid-west, most homes don't have central air. The only time Phoenix is standable for us is in the winter when it's 70 or so. We have been cooler, until now when it decided to not rain as much. The clouds and rain cool it off a lot but it's already about 98, more or less, so it's back to being hot. This heat has driven our electricity bill up a lot more than it ever has been since we've been here. I think cool weather is coming, if Rosie's actions the last week or two is any indication. She slept all day about 3 weeks or so ago and she's been digging in her hole outside. She only does that when she's preparing someplace to sleep (I believe) or the one spring when her hormones went haywire and she laid 22 eggs all at one time. I don't know what to expect next spring but I can take a guess when I see how she sleeps this fall/winter.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I have to agree about the cooler weather on the way as my beardies have been telling me the same thing. :wink:
Checkers is my weather man and is a better weather man than the ones on TV for sure. :lol:
It's a beautiful day here so nice not to be sweating when you wake up. It's currently only 82* and is only going to be 96* today. :mrgreen:

Yes, it's gonna be to warm where Kayleen is to ship PeeWee for awhile. :(

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
OMG!!!!! PeeWee is the most adorable little thing. I can't get over the look he's giving you in the bath! What a little personality. It warms my heart to know he's doing so well. I absolutely hate this ongoing battle with my health, I would've loved to pick him up this week. I know he won't be able to be shipped for a while, it's just too darn hot here. I already love him so much and I'll do whatever it takes to get him home safe! Unfortunately I won't be on for a bit due to surgery, but those pictures are definitely giving me a happy sendoff so to speak. Thank you Barbara! I'll pm you my address for the quote so we can get him paid for! Talk to you soon, about a week.

-Kaleen

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Isn't that the cutest little pouty face you have ever seen? :love5:

Best of luck with the surgery Kaleen.
We will be thinking of you and praying for a fast recovery.
I'm glad we gave you something to look forward too after all this health issue stuff is done.
Take care of yourself and we will be talking to you soon.

Hugs!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
PeeWee is doing so well & eating on his own, wow, I'm so impressed! Good luck with the surgery Kaleen, hope your healing goes very well. We'll be waiting to hear. Glad PeeWee is going to such a good loving home!

Tristan, your little baby looks great & is growing like a weed!

You're doing such a great job Barbara, especially with the heat you've been having. Glad it's getting to my level of heat wave! :lol:

We had a great weekend, hot but not too hot & only up to 80 in the house, which has been a great improvement! Gabriel is now weighing in at 400g, up from 386 in mid August, he no longer looks like a rescue, he's got a big fat tail, really filled in fat pads on his head & a nice big belly. I'm so impressed & no more parasites! Rubio got rid of that awful shed, he's back to his pretty yellows & back to being my mellow baby. Lonzo isn't doing so well, I know he wants to brumate, I don't want him to, but don't know what to do about that. His lung is still not functioning well and I don't think it will again...he's just getting old. I'm starting to give him Serrepeptase every day now, so I'm hoping that will help him, but not sure. Leo & Didi are fine but they're slowing down, too. Even Gabriel is sort of slowing down but maybe he doesn't know about brumation & it won't touch him. It's so silent when they're all sleeping, as you know.

Hoping to see more pics, did you get the For Sale thread up yet? Let me know the link so I can bug out on babies!
Hugs 'n snuggles, Deb
And by the way, the biopsy was benign! The doc gave me Prednisone for a week to get rid of the asthma & figured out about the leg swelling, just need to put my feet up at work during the day. Plus I'm being given a free flat screen TV from friend who's mom recently passed away & the family gave her this TV 2 years ago, so I'll have this one next weekend. My brother's taking out the old one & giving it to recyle & I'm all set :D

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
I'm looking at Clovis's sexy legging butt right now and wondering if she was ever that little. We got her as a juvie, which suited me fine because we don't have a good place to store loads of buggies for hungry babies. However, those babies continue to sorely tempt me. What gorgeous, spunky guys and gals! Gotta go to sleep now though, because the first day of school is tomorrow!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
fresnowitte said:
Hey Christine are you being a good girl and not looking? :laughing6:
fresnowitte said:
Are you trying to kill me Barb??? I'm peeking at all your pics through fingers covering my face, "IT'S NOT FAIR" :mrgreen: the babies colors are beautiful..(deep sigh)

Great pictures Barbara. #4 is really growing up fast and his colors are just amazing. I cant wait to see him in person. I'm sure he will be a great contender with Sammy for who can grow the biggest and the fastest. In just a blink they are both getting so big. It seems like just the other day, they were hatchlings.

It looks like the weather is going to get stormy near the end of the week and all through next week as some of the tropical storm bands start to hit Ohio. Hopefully the window for the delivery will stay open until then.

Tristan

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Deb! Thank-you! Isn't PeeWee the cutest? :)
No I never did start the forsale thread and now my month is up. So I'll have to work on that again. :roll:
There is just not enough time in day.

Hope you had a great first day of school littlebirdy. :)
Will Clovis be joining you again this year in the class room?

I knew you couldn't help yourself Christine. :laughing6:
Hope all is going better for you and that Gabby is doing okay. I have been thinking of you and Gabby alot lately.
Hugs and Snuggles to all your babies!

Tristan our weather is driving me crazy... :banghead: We have the worst or should I say least accurate meteorologist in the country. :roll:
We are still getting slightly hot, but it is taking longer to get to those high temps of the day and it isn't staying hot for long...By 4:30 to 5:00 our temps are coming down. Right now our highs are only lasting about an hour before the temps begin to drop. I'm keeping a very close eye on all temps and storms between here and there. As long as temps stay okay on your end I can pull off... :wink:

Thank-you LaughingBuddha! :)

CloomenNArty you are very correct there is a large variety of sizes in this clutch. This sometimes happens when you begin playing with the different morphs and genetics. Without a doubt there is a lot of dominance this is why they are now broke down to groups of 3 to 5. Except for PeeWee whom lives all alone.

Okay I know I promised some more pic's to you Tristan of #4 and also promised to post some more pic's of the other babies. However I am having a big problem with my computer right now. I"m in a total panic and freaked out! One of my hard drives is about to go kapoot(Thank-you Dawn! I think my computer heard you and has decided that's a good way to mess with me). So I am having to borrow my 10 y/o grandson Fred's tablet to get online. I would have to download my photo/camera program to his tablet in order to upload and it's already on low memory. So for now I am going to post these couple that were already at PB. I will have to edit in their gender as I can't locate my notes right now. Kind of having an exciting day as my daughter is at the doctor right now and they are talking about inducing labor...so this could be a very busy few days for me. :mrgreen:

These are the babies I haven't posted yet....

#13 Leatherback hypo

DSC04117.jpg

#14 Leatherback hypo

DSC04124.jpg

#15 Hypo

DSC04133.jpg

#16 Hypo
DSC04138.jpg

#17 Het for hypo
DSC04149.jpg

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":1k5se5yr said:
Hope you had a great first day of school littlebirdy. :)
Will Clovis be joining you again this year in the class room?
But of course! A teacher whose son used to have a beardie is bringing in their old set-up, so after I bleach it down Clovis will have a permanent habitat. I brought her in today to sooth an anxious student and got very little work done because she is so darn cute and distracting! I can't wait to introduce her to more students. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
fresnowitte":bmzi9fw9 said:
Hi DebOkay I know I promised some more pic's to you Tristan of #4 and also promised to post some more pic's of the other babies. However I am having a big problem with my computer right now. I"m in a total panic and freaked out! One of my hard drives is about to go kapoot(Thank-you Dawn! I think my computer heard you and has decided that's a good way to mess with me). So I am having to borrow my 10 y/o grandson Fred's tablet to get online. I would have to download my photo/camera program to his tablet in order to upload and it's already on low memory. So for now I am going to post these couple that were already at PB. I will have to edit in their gender as I can't locate my notes right now. Kind of having an exciting day as my daughter is at the doctor right now and they are talking about inducing labor...so this could be a very busy few days for me.

Regarding your hard drive problem, Barbara, I have one word for you: Carbonite:
It's a wonderful program that stores all your pics. If you are interested, let me know it costs $59 per year for an offsite backup and it's really, really easy to reinstall your files when you have a hard drive or computer problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom