Gus, Roux, & Babies (Dial-up beware HVY Pics) ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I thought I'd start a thread for Gus and Roux babies instead of having the babies take over my "resident" beardies threads. :lol:

For those that are not familiar with Gus and Roux I'll start out with a few pic's of them.

Gus is a very handsome 2y/o Red Italian Leatherback Trans

DSC09627.jpg

DSC08457.jpg

DSC07382.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC06653.jpg

DSC06647.jpg

DSC06644.jpg

DSC06654.jpg

DSC06642.jpg

DSC06676.jpg

DSC06663.jpg

DSC06656.jpg

DSC06657.jpg

Roux is a beautiful 2y/o Tangerine & Salmon Hypo from TOM @ TNDdragons.

DSC09214.jpg

DSC07100.jpg

DSC06211.jpg

DSC05441.jpg

DSC05354.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

Roux is a budda nut....LOL
She gets herself in some very silly places..
DSC06545.jpg

DSC06567.jpg

DSC06198.jpg

DSC06479.jpg

DSC06476.jpg

DSC06475.jpg

Here's a sneak peek of the babies hatched June 18th....We have 18 babies mostly hypos and 10 of the 18 are leathers.

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

DSC02982.jpg

DSC02987.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC03006.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

DSC03024.jpg

These are some weights taken at one week old....
DSC03028.jpg

DSC03033.jpg

DSC03031.jpg

DSC03027.jpg

And this little guy/gal just because it's absolutely stunning at all hours of the day...
...whether it's cold, lights are out, never changes. :mrgreen:

DSC02963.jpg

Okay so for all my picture hungry friends I think I'm good for a couple of days....don't you? :laughing6:

I will try to update babies with pic's weekly! :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good for a couple of days?! Are you kidding? Baby pics are required every day, if not twice a day :mrgreen:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh wow, love this thread. :blob5: :p :blob8: :blob8: You did a great job Barb in capturing the personalities and gorgeous coloring of those proud parents. The babies are SO adorable and colorful. We're so happy that PB cooperated for you so that you could share these breathtaking and amazing pictures. :D :D :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. :shock: :mrgreen: Gus and Roux are stunning, and I love Gus's beard and eyes, and he looks so smooth. The pics of Roux in the tree were very silly. She looks portly in some of them. And the babies....adorable! They all have gorgeous patterns.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Oh WOW!!! I love Gus and Roux!!!! And their babies are incredible!

Gus is VERY handsome, and Roux looks like a silly dragon! :love5:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Goonie":3l7008e7 said:
I can only post what Tom sends me, so I'm off the hook. HA HA!
Hmmm....I might have some pull there...you are not off the hook yet Missy! :p

Thank-you Diane! :)
We have been doing some maintenance on the computer so that seems to be helping with the PB issues as well as many others.

Thank-you ShannyBeard, scm133, and Dooter! :D
Both these parents are quite silly dragons. :lol:
Gus has free roam of our bedroom. He can come and go(from his viv) as he pleases. He hates to sleep, eat, or poop in his viv. He only uses it to get short doses of UVB during the day as he sees needed. :roll: Spoiled rotten little brat he is. :lol:

As for Roux she's a character in a class of her own. :mrgreen:

Both parents are some of the best eaters I have ever seen and all my beardies are good eaters. So far babies are carrying on that eating thing as you can see in the weights of the few I posted. They all doubled their weight the first week. :mrgreen:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Gosh, they are soo adorable, of course. Thanks for sharing, now for more pics, but I will give you till tomorrow, 6am, but I'll be nice and make it Pacific time, not Eastern time that I thought about insisting on. I had to push a few buttons as I haven't done so in awhile.

Lori

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Ummm....are those babies for sale....? :wave: Just asking about the normal scales, not the leatherbacks. Are the normal scales completely normal...not hypo, but HET for trans? I'm curious about a normal melanistic male with normal scales but HET for trans.... :?: :?: :?:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you everyone I think Roux and Gus did a wonderful job. :mrgreen:
ShannyBeard":2r82d6hf said:
Ummm....are those babies for sale....? :wave: Just asking about the normal scales, not the leatherbacks. Are the normal scales completely normal...not hypo, but HET for trans? I'm curious about a normal melanistic male with normal scales but HET for trans.... :?: :?: :?:
I'm so sorry I haven't gotten to updating my website yet, but yes these little one will be up for sale in about 4.5 weeks. I think there may be one or even two that are not hypo and not leathers... though even the ones not leather seem to have recessed scales, but so does Roux(mommy). They are all het for hypo or trans even if they do not show the traits(Roux being hypo and Gus being Trans). I will try and post a few pic's either later or tomorrow of the ones that fit the description you are looking for ShannyBeard...though I'm not completely positive on the sexes as of yet being they are not even 2 weeks old yet. I will make sure to keep my eyes open for a male and to keep everyone posted as news develops with these babies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Awesome, I'd even consider a female, really, but if there was a HET trans male that was normal melanistic :shock: woo-hoo that would rock. I didn't even realize you had a website. If you can remember, please keep me in mind if you happen to notice that one is a male. :blob5: That is if it is not spoken for already. :oops: I just love both parents and they look so healthy and happy. :blob8:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Barbara, you've outdone yourself with these new poopers :love5: :love5: :love5: (as Tom would call them!) They are ALL beautiful & great weights, so they're all eating really well. That was not unexpected, of course, I know you've been raising all types of baby bugs since those eggies were laid. Gus & Roux are two beautiful beardies, so the babies are even more amazing. And just loved all the baby pics, I just give a huge sigh when I see baby pics & just LOVE the baby pileups! Will be looking forward to more pics as they grow & will check out your website when the time comes (you'll have to send it on here so we can all have a look!)
Hugs 'n snuggles
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom