general overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paksta

im wondering what breeding is like, generaly. is it easy? do i need to seperate the male from the female ever? cuz i have a really big cage and could easily fit another one. how many eggs in a clutch, and how many clutches a year? thanks.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Paksta":2482d said:
im wondering what breeding is like, generaly. is it easy? do i need to seperate the male from the female ever? cuz i have a really big cage and could easily fit another one. how many eggs in a clutch, and how many clutches a year? thanks.

Before you would ever do it their is so much to learn. Yes you need to separate the male from the female. A female can lay up to 9 clutches a year with as many as 25-30 eggs in each clutch! You need to be able to find homes for all the babies at 6 weeks. You have to be able to buy at least 20k+ crickets a week! You need an incubator, thermometer, hygrometer, dishes for the eggs, peralite or vermiculite. You really should know what to do if you have and emergency. Also you need lots of vivs, bulbs and UVB lights to separate the babies! I know there is more things I am forgetting but you get the point! Good luck..

Paksta

Original Poster
ok, thanks! well, maybe ill get into it, and yes, i make sure to do LOTS of research before doing anything. Im breeding crested geckos now, and their way easier to breed. just wondering, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom