Funny sleeping habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanabanana296

Hatchling Member
Here is Max with his lil hand over Charlotte's face. Funny my hubby does it to me. Like father like son :blob5:

c5953da2493b4d48ba1ead89f7dfb926_zpse4aac10d.jpg

This is Max on the wall and Charlotte under him. They sleep so funny.

fe6bb901b7f30b559b902181213e9614_zps53a77037.jpg

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I would personally separate them. That first pic is actually aggression. Beardies arent social with their own kind and can hurt or kill each other. They may look fine together now but as they get older they will hurt each other

nanabanana296

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I wanted to mention that she does the same thing to him. Why are their so many books, manuals (from herp vets) and breeders that have videos on line showing ones that are kept together? We bought them from PETSMART and 4 of the 6 people working in the reptile dept have more than one beardie and a manager there keeps two of her 7together and has since they hatched and has no problems. I am curious about this because there is SO much conflicting information. Our reptile vet even said two could be kept together provided there were no aggression problems and both are eating and healthy.

Monkey

Juvie Member
I have worked in a petstore, and I know first hand that my co worker were not always so knowledgeable. My own boss bought two beardies against my recommendation, one did not make it. During breeding season people will put them together and take pictures that is sometimes misinterpreted. Some people do somewhat successfully have several beardies together, the reason I say somewhat is because if you know beardie and you look at them you will see dark stressed animals. A happy beardie is light in color of the range that one can be in. And they can switch in matter of seconds.. Often a couple will eat less cause of the dominant beardies, and they often have tail nips, missing toes etc.. Females will be jumped frequently by male beardies who will do the neck biting and can be rather aggressive during mating season as well. Accidents has happened there too. When working at the pet store I was loud against us having baby beardies together, we did loose a couple to stress from the bullying of other beardies, but pet stores will just say its fail to thrive and not mention it to the customers. Ive seen baby beardies KILL each other.

I have seen more fail than good with beardies housed together.. It is your choice, but I wouldn't recommend it.

nanabanana296

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I AVE NOTICED THAT ON THIS GROUP ( FROM READING COUNTLESS THREADS THAT THERE ARE MANY RUDE PEOPLE. I NEVER SAIS WE WERE KEEPING THEM TOGETHER. I HAVE CONSTANTLY STATED IN EVERY THREAD THAT WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING A LARGER VIV, CURRENTLY THEY ARE IN A 48 GAL BOW FRONT UNTIL THEY ARE FINISHED. I SIMPLY STATED THAT THERE IS SO MUCH CONTRADICTORY INFORMATION OUT THERE AND HOW CONFUSING IT IS. I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING SPOKEN TO RUDELY. I BELONG TO ANOTHER EXOTIC SITE SINCE I HAVE OTHER EXOTICS AND I HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED SUCH RUDE PEOPLE THAN ON THIS SITE. PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO JUDGE AND NOT FULLY READ A POST BEFORE THEY JUMP IN AND CRITICIZE PEOPLE.

I totally agree about rude people on here! I honestly have stopped asking questions because people often coment on one aspect of a post when there are so many other things being said. I was under the assumption that this site was supposed to be helpful not rude and judgemental. I still have so many questions regarding my beardie and guess who I go to...PetSmart. I have found an employee in the reptile section who has been amazingly helpful and she has NEVER steered me wrong. Sadly often when I talk to her about things that people say on here she is shocked. I am not saying people on here don't know their stuff but their "approach" to being helpful really sucks!

nanabanana296

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dracospike I totally agree. I started talking to someone on here by accident who is being very helpful. You need to let the moderators know what you have experienced and they will address it for you. I was thinking of actually leaving. If things don't get better I am.

From my short time on this site, the vast majority of people are extremely helpful and really well informed.

When it comes to bearded dragon cohabitation however, a lot of people just get really passionate about separating them as they know the extent of the harm keeping two together will cause down the line. Quite a few people though decide to keep them together and hence, it has evolved into a volatile conflict. Go into the ER section and look at the quantity of posts about a bearded dragon being attacked (or eaten) by another. Just steer clear of any mention or pictures of bearded dragons living together and you will get some extraordinarily insightful advice on everything to do with bearded dragons.

(that second picture made me lol. *Splat*)

I agree there some people who have been amazingly helpful but the people who are rude make it frustrating. As new beardie owners we come for answers not rude comments. Even when I had stated twice on one of my posts that I was separating mine people were still criticizing me. I think you can give advice with out being rude.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
This thread was started to show funny sleeping habits, not to start an argument about co-habitation. So because the original OP has stated that her babies will be separated, any more talk of co-habitation will be removed from here and people will start getting warnings. Enough said. This is not the way to treat new people on this site. Added by moderator

brittani299

Extreme Poster
nanabanana296":1xex5hor said:
Here is Max with his lil hand over Charlotte's face. Funny my hubby does it to me. Like father like son :blob5:

c5953da2493b4d48ba1ead89f7dfb926_zpse4aac10d.jpg

This is Max on the wall and Charlotte under him. They sleep so funny.

fe6bb901b7f30b559b902181213e9614_zps53a77037.jpg

I think your babies are cute :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom