Stayed in same spot for at least 2 hours and didn’t go to normal sleeping spot.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i use one of these. they're great because you can attach it to a seat belt. if you're driving, the heat in the car will be enough for the trip. the little bit getting to and from the car, you can cover with a blanket if you're worried about super cold temps. we drive 2 hours each way to get to the vet and we've never had a problem with getting too cold. a little bit now and then is fine

Worrywart

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
i use one of these. they're great because you can attach it to a seat belt. if you're driving, the heat in the car will be enough for the trip. the little bit getting to and from the car, you can cover with a blanket if you're worried about super cold temps. we drive 2 hours each way to get to the vet and we've never had a problem with getting too cold. a little bit now and then is fine
Ok thank you, we don’t have one of those but I’ll be sure to get one for future visits. Currently since we don’t have a carrier because it’s admittedly been a while since he’s been to the vet anyways. I’m using the large box with holes in the lid we used when we used to take him with us on vacation. (We never went far, just 2-3 hour drive away.) though thankfully our vet is much closer than that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you so much! Take your time and have a great night.
Zoo Med 24" comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 T 5 I will post link as well
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
22" bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
Sunblaster Nano Tech the bulb needs to be changed out to the Reptisun 10.0 posted above
you want the 24" or 2 ft one fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
the screen on the tank is going to determine placement and distance for the UVB - please post back on here when you have it

Worrywart

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Zoo Med 24" comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 T 5 I will post link as well
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
22" bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
Sunblaster Nano Tech the bulb needs to be changed out to the Reptisun 10.0 posted above
you want the 24" or 2 ft one fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
the screen on the tank is going to determine placement and distance for the UVB - please post back on here when you have it
Ok thank you. Also an update. We just got back from the vets and she said he does have an upper respiratory infection. She prescribed some antibiotics that I’ll be giving him every other day and he should get all better. Thank you for all your help.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom