Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hello little Em He/she is so dark and striking! I'm not going to lie, I'm kinna hoping for a little girl just so she can have lovely feminine curtains! Oh, Tonja! I'm so jealous you have two now! What a little gem!

If she turns out to be a little girl, I am making her a canopy bed with little tied back purple curtains and a pink blankie and pillow...with ribbons and bows maybe some tiny roses along the canopy. Then her side curtains will be pink and purple with little bows on them like Myah's curtains. Right now shes all cuddled up in her fleece blankie in her hammock on her pillow lol. Shes not gonna be spoiled like Geico is..nope not at all...they both already have the whip in hand ordering me around. I gave Geico a peice of strawberry and he picked it up, rolled it around in his mouth, dropped it, picked it up again and spit it out, then looked at me like, "Well are you gonna get this out of here or am I gonna have to keep up the stink eye and stomp my feet at you <which he is good at, like a child having a temper tantrum if they dont get thier way> till its gone. Ive totally stopped feeding crickets, I think they are the bane of my existance with parasites so am now feeding from my roach colony and they love them.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja":m12te0lq said:
If she turns out to be a little girl, I am making her a canopy bed with little tied back purple curtains and a pink blankie and pillow...with ribbons and bows maybe some tiny roses along the canopy. Then her side curtains will be pink and purple with little bows on them like Myah's curtains. Right now shes all cuddled up in her fleece blankie in her hammock on her pillow lol
How exciting! :D I understand about the "infertile egg issue" The idea scares me to death! I was so relived when Myah's 1st family told me she was a he! :? Then I found this site, and a reptile vet and... Malcolm was a Myah! :shock: Sigh... I wouldn't trade her for the world ofcourse but I do understand the "what if" factor. (Though 'Emily' is such a sweet name :D )

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Em had her first bath this morning and went poo in it YAY, now if I can keep her going in the bath I will be ecstatic. Showed Em to Geico this morning and he ignored her like shes just a tiny blob lol. Geico seems to not mind at all if there is another in the house. Im so lucky hes so easy going but will never put them together I'd be to afraid he would step on Em or worse. Neither one of them have stress marks so she probably adapting already and is terrorizing my border collie from her viv lol..she puffs up at him and hisses a bit, its so funny, Neppy is so big and Em is so tiny. :lol:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Geico and Em this morning after baths and breakfast

Im so handsome
Img_3975.jpg

Look mommy Im basking and no stress
Img_3974.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Awwwww...... :love5: Two little darlings. Oh, let me find a turtle or elephant for baby Em! I must celebrate the new arrival! :D I know it will take awhile to ship but please let me Tonja! :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok I will let you provided you know you dont have to. Any little stuffie you send will be perfect..Em is in a tub right now with some tiny dubia.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja":1vwftcad said:
Ok I will let you provided you know you dont have to. Any little stuffie you send will be perfect..Em is in a tub right now with some tiny dubia.
That's wonderful! Ofcourse I know I don't have to, but I want to so much! I'll start the search today! :love5:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I took Geico outside for some sun, he hangs on my shoulder and wont move except to put his head up as high as he can to get more warmth and UVB. Its good for him and he loves being out in the sun for about 1/2 hour. While I took Geico out I had Em out in a tub with some soft fleece in the bottom so she could soak up some sun.

Mommy what is this warmth and bright light
Img_3981.jpg

I love sunshine Mommy
Img_3980.jpg

Iz looking around now
Img_3982.jpg

Ok iz had enough
Img_3978.jpg

I wanna go in now
Img_3977.jpg

I know you, you iz my mommy
Img_3979.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She is so cute & glad she liked the UVB. Seems Geico is used to it, but for a 1st time for Em she did very well,. Love the fluffy she was sitting on in the tub! You have 2 very cute babies!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Geico after 1/2 hour in the sun a few mins ago, may have been longer than 1/2 hour. He's so bright.

Img_3983.jpg

Img_3984.jpg

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you sweetiepie, she did very well, just sat there basking never made a move like she was scared, nothing. Geico goes out every day, first time he was scared and jumped to the ground and ran but didnt get very far. Now he loves to be out in the bright sun. Wont be doing this much longer, Colorado starts getting to cold for them to be out around sept and usually get our first snows before or around Halloween and our last ones about Mothers Day. I know they dont get uvb sitting in windows but will let them bask in the window over the winter if its not to cold on the glass. Em pooed in her tub outside which is better than in her house lol. Such tiny poos compared to Geico..bigger lizard bigger poohs lol but its to be expected.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Oh and the fleece shes sitting on..is smurf fleece Im making some hammocks and blankies out of for Em. Those are scraps shes sitting on. Made a Em burrito last night and she stayed in it on her pillow and hammock till lights on this morning so shes acclimating very well I think. Introduced her to Geico and Geico just looked at EM like so I cant be bothered with that little thing and trotted off to go bask lol. They are in their own homes though, wont house them together.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The Geico Monkey staredown. His monkey fell over and he perked up to look at it and has not taken his eyes off it lol.

Geico: What are you looking at?
Monkey: quiet
Geico: get off my hammock!
Img_3985.jpg

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Just put my two babies to bed. Feels strange to be putting two of them to bed. Got Geico first, put him in his burrito and he settled in fast, did that cute butt wiggle and went right to sleep, cuddled with him a bit and put him on his pillow in his hammock with Mr Monkey. Got Em out of her tank, put her in a burrito and before I could wrap it she butt wiggled and was out like a light..cuddled her a few minutes and put her on her pillow in her hammock. Love the butt wiggles telling me they are comfy and going to sleep. And love their little faces in the morning all tilted and cute as i turn on their lights. Couldnt ask for two sweeter little beardies. I guess Im a gloating momma!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja":1r3khnp4 said:
I guess Im a gloating momma!
You have every right! :D I found it Tonja! I found the most perfect little turtle! It's yellow/orange and the shell is green/blue. It's the happiest looking little stuffie! I should be able to ship it Thurs! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom