Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
As Geico grows stuff will need to be removed but, for now, hes fine with everything and it gives him lots to do and climb on. I realize he will need the added floor space as he grows. He just has to much fun right now for me to be removing his things to make the room. Have already removed some of the plants and had to zip tie the cords on the thermometers as he gets tangled in them..will probably take out his little green amazonite rock he perches on but its under his hammock so not sure about that just yet. Hes already almost to big for his vine but he loves it so much may just get another and twine it around the existing one to make it fatter for his fat little body. His tree will definately have to go eventually and may downsize the size of his salad dish. His monkey will stay as he loves to cuddle it at night.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Geico just being lazy after eating
Img_3956.jpg

Geico's tail looks so much better and looks as if nothing ever happened to it
Img_3954.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja! He healed perfect! You would have honestly never have known :D His massive appetite must have helped speed up the process. Well done little Geico :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
There is still one tiny raw spot but should not be a problem scarring in...its been a long road to get him healed..and hes been a trooper through it all...so put colliodal silver on the raw spot after a betadine bath..its scabbing over so will keep doing what Im doing...he doesnt look like he lost 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of his tail at all! Im very pleased with it! :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
you can see the one tiny raw spot but it is healing and I am very pleased with it. The raw spot is on the very bottom of his tail at the tip..about 1/16 of inch..looks bigger in the picture but its really very small.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja":2e474m0i said:
you can see the one tiny raw spot but it is healing and I am very pleased with it.
So glad to hear and see that. I think each 100grams is a mile stone. He'll be bigger then Myah soon. Handsome little man.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Will post pictures when Im done...sanitizing a new tank and stuff for EM..got her today <I think shes a she> But Em for Emily or Emmett. Shes a beautiful coral colored leatherback baby gotten from petsmart today. I fell in love with her. < I think shes leatherback, they had her labled as fancy and that she is lol> Will post pics when I get her in her new home.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja":bzl7khir said:
Will post pictures when Im done...sanitizing a new tank and stuff for EM..got her today <I think shes a she> But Em for Emily or Emmett. Shes a beautiful coral colored leatherback baby gotten from petsmart today. I fell in love with her. < I think shes leatherback, they had her labled as fancy and that she is lol> Will post pics when I get her in her new home.
Tonja! A new baby!? Holy smokes! :blob5: I'm so excited for you! :blob5: Oh! The wait for the pics will kill me! Em is such an adorable short form. :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Meet EM my new petsmart baby...I dont know if shes a she or if hes a he so EM is for Emmett or Emily

Em is so very soft and her scales are different a bit from Geico's..but shes a pretty little one and already tore up some tiny dubia nymphs and salad...right now all she has is a basking light...she has a reptisun 10.0 but fixing to go get some velcro to hang it in her Viv. Shes very aleart..has black nails and eyes so dont know what she is. Without further comment here is EM, my new baby and Geico's step sister lol and yes shes in her own tank under Geico's!

Em eating dusted dubias
Img_3961.jpg

Em on her hammock
Img_3968.jpg

Em on my finger
Img_3967.jpg

Em on her hammock
Img_3969.jpg

As you can see she/he's settling in nicely. Haven't let her and Geico meet yet. But have to go now to get some thermometers and velcro for Em's uvb.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
:love5: Hello little Em :love5: He/she is so dark and striking! I'm not going to lie, I'm kinna hoping for a little girl just so she can have lovely feminine curtains! :D Oh, Tonja! I'm so jealous you have two now! What a little gem! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Geico is a cutey & sure loved all the pics. Your paintings are wonderful, so colourful & some are so peaceful. And Em is the cutest, a nice addition to your family. I especially lked the pic of Geico being manly in the wolf's mouth! No Fear!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Holly: I just had to have her when I saw her, shes in shed so shes a bit darker than she was when I first saw her a few days ago, Shes gonna be darling..hoping for a she to but oh my the egg thing lol...got a long ways to go for that.

Sweetiepie, thank you..love my geico, hes my first and will always be my baby Cant wait to start watching Em grow like I am Geico...shes a cutie. Have to put her reptisun in now since I got the velcro for it. Shes so alert..sitting on her basking log all perky and watching everything. I love to paint, for me its very relaxing and keeps my hands and mind stimulated since I have Lupus so bad.

Thank you both for your kind words.

Amy2

Hatchling Member
Tonja,
Em is beautiful! Such pretty coloring :) Geico is a very photogenic beardie, he is so cute! I love seeing all of the pics of him. I am glad his tail is healing, that is wonderful news!
I love your paintings! My favorite is the Midnight Snowfall, that one is absolutely beautiful!! You are very talented. Just wondering, do you ever sell your paintings?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you Amy, I found Em a week ago and prayed they would still have her when I went back today and they did. I love her coloring, shes almost a chocolate and coral color with a very distinct black line down her back. Geico is my first baby and I love him very much just as I do Em. He is very photogenic when he will hold still lol. Both my babies are in shed so they are off color right now. Cant wait to see how Ems colors are when shes older. As for my paintings, I have lupus badly and it relaxes me and takes my mind off the pain when Im lost in a painting. Everyone loves midnight snowfall and it was sent to a dear friend in Alabama. I dont ever sell my paintings then it becomes work, I give them away,otherwise I would have no place to put them all. I have a small studio in my garage <3 car garage> where i can sit and paint without interuption. Thank you for your kind words on my paintings and my babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom