Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The Em trio are doing well. Just turned on their lights will feed them here in an hour or so.
I knew we would not get off scott free! Its now rained for 5 days off and on with thunder storms. Rain today giving way tonight through Sunday morning with SNOW. We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of SNOW! I want warm weather back so Emily and Emmett can get outside!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What strange weather you're getting. Hopefully that snow goes somewhere else and you get a sunny day instead.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It always snows around Mothers Day. I just want the rain to stop. Its pouring and has been for about 5 days now off and on. I want sunny weather so Emily and Emmett can get back outside.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The Em trio are doing well. Still have not heard about the stumpy's even though I had to go get crickets. Andy will call them this afternoon to see what is going on with them.

We are under a flood warning for my area again. 6-7 days of rain! So far the canal out back is holding, but there are road closures in my town. We are now under a winter storm warning. What next?
I had to go out and the interstate is a literal mess. Where potholes were fixed the tar is floating up out of the holes. Lanes closed due to damage from all the rain. It was like driving and obstacle course literally dodging the mess. You could not drive a straight line in your lane for about 6 miles. I mean constant swerving to miss road pieces coming up, cracks and new pot holes. Its bad. Traffic was doing about 30 miles an hour or less for about 5 miles due to the roads floating up and breaking apart. I am a nervous wreck and had no sleep last night watching the canal.
7:14 pm here and it JUST started snowing, ground is almost covered now. This is a blizzard like snow.
At least my Em trio are doing well and happily basking oblivious to the conditions outside.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Tonja, you have my Sympathies with the snow. I've lived in Southern AZ, near the border with Mexico, for most of my life, I don't like cold or snow. I would get tired of all that rain and then snow. I hope you don't have another flood in your home like you did two years ago (if I remember correctly).

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Right now we are ok, flood warning for us is reduce significantly. They upped the snowfall to 5-10 inches. Its been pretty rain free most of the day although the rivers are high and areas still recovering from 2 yrs ago are flooding again. If it weren't so bad here with snow I would go help fill sandbags but its windy and almost a whiteout so safer being home.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
We made it through but, my heart goes out to those that flooded. Some that flooded were still recovering from 2013. Roads are washed out completely in places. Its been in the 50s all day here and the snow is gone so got the front jungle mowed. Well, hubby mowed it and will get the back jungle tomorrow. Wish it would warm up so that I can get Emily and Emmett out. Emilio has tripled in size now, he's huge. Still not done growing. Not a whole lot going on.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The Em trio are doing well. Still of to chilly to take them outside after 2 weeks almost of rain and snow. It was just nice enough to get outside and get some much needed work done. I moved 160 lbs of top soil to fill under the fence on the retaining wall side of my yard. It washed out during the flood of sept, 2013, so I don't have anymore of that to mess with. Got the grass trimmed around all my trees after hubby mowed then my fun started. I pulled the fountain out front apart and cleaning it and installed a new motor, so its working well now. :blob8:
Got 3 red spike grasses planted, 2 hostas, feather grass, a red coleus, a huge rosemary ornamental, hibiscus, and 2 blue fescue grasses planted. I planted them all in pots and put them in my side yard against the fence with 3 birdfeeders and a glass birdbath. I laid chocolate colored rubber mulch down under all the planters before I set them in place. Hung new bird feeders and it looks so cute now. I also did 3 fairy gardens in 3 planters so that's done. I painted a gnome, a huge roly poly frog, and my plant pedestals. I also got my African daisies planted and my dahlias are hung on the plant hanger doo hickey thing. I am sore and I am worn out but its a good kind of worn out, an accomplished something worn out. So here I am in my bed all relaxed and it will be an early night for me. I still need to clean out one bird bath and I will be done for the time being.
My front porch with freshly painted pedestals, gnome, and frog, still need to paint the bench tomorrow.
full

Have to show off roly poly frog I painted
full

My container garden I did to hide some of the ugly side yard up in the corner by the fences.
full

My new glass birdbath sitting among all the plants. Many don't care for container gardens but I like them since you can move the plants around and change things up a little.
full

one of my three fairy pots
full

freshly painted bear and little gnome
sorry if these don't belong here but, i'm proud of my yard now that its back from the flood
full

and finely my bobble head moose and camping bear...bears flashlight lights up...all new path marker lights also put in
full

no wonder I am pooped :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Very nice front gardens!
I like container gardens better than regular planted ones, especially if they're different sizes/heights. The containers themselves add to the beauty of the garden.

So, how sore are you today? ;)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I can barely move but got my bench painted today...all but the frame, it started raining again. thank you for the compliment. I love a container garden because you can shift it around and add more. I love the varying heights and themes you can do with tthem like my bird attracting container garden.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I don't know why but I had hopes that this week would be a bit different and I could get the Em trio outside for a bit. Nope, another dang week of rain and flooding. We are not in danger of flooding yet, the canal is open and flowing well. Its miserable outside and in the 40s. Snow for the mountains and foothills. Already snowing in some places in the higher elevations. Please turn the faucet off so I can get my babies outside for a bit. Need to get them fed, but just turned on their lights. I just woke up about an hour ago and turned on light 1/2 hour ago.
Still no word on the stumpies. I guess they will just keep boarding the poor creatures. I do the best I can to visit them and hold them. I tried with Mr Stumpy this past Saturday and all he wanted to do was get at the chuck walla lizard dancing the glass in his cage. He was also being hormonal to Mrs Stumpy so holding him didn't last to long, the brat. I just love those two to death. I want them so bad but guess its just not in the cards.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emilio is really growing. His colors are so pretty and hes shedding again. I haven't posted a picture of him in a while so here he is:
full

Emmett is huge. Had to change out his lights this morning, his basking bulb blew out.
full

Emily being Emily and yes she is losing some weight.
full

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We'd been having strange flip-flop temps here, too. It'd be unseasonably cool one day, then hot the next, then back to cool again.

I wish The Stumpies would be given to you already. Have the store owners heard back from the irresponsible people?

WOW! Look at Emilio's colors!
What a tummy Emmett has! :)
Emily looks great, chubby or not.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gina the store owners have been trying to reach them, they may be out of country again. They are about to tell them off for this. Either relinquish them or take care of them. They may even call the animal protection people about it and if they do, I will probably get them.
Yes Emilio is really coming into his beautiful colors. I love his bars. Emily is chubby but blood work is healthy so Im not worried to much and she can pick herself up off the floor and not even touch it with her belly. She is just a big girl, I can still feel her ribs. Emmett is a good eater, anything I give him he gobbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom