Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The trio of Em's had big days today. All three were fed well, tanks cleaned to spotlessness, baths, and fresh salads. All 3 had time in the playpen while I was cleaning tanks. Their salads are endive, mustard greens, blueberry, tiny bit of carrot for color, apple, yellow pepper, squash and snow peas along with a bit of bok choy.
Emilio is shedding again so hes growing to be a big boy and his colors are really coming in now. He is going to be a beautiful boy. I will post some pictures later on this evening of all 3...nope will do it now!
You can really see that Emilio is coming into his beautiful colors and bars.
full

Emmett hanging out in his nice clean tank
full

Emily half on her bed in her nice clean tank
full

For those that wonder, no I cannot put up even a short fence, against the HOA rules. I have informed them and his landlord of the problems. So far so good but then the brat has injured her leg somehow <not broken> so shes not been outside. Everytime they are in my yard now, its a violation of no trespassing orders by the PD for them. I will call them. Eventually they will know I am not playing their games.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yes, Esther it is good news but we will see what happens. This family thinks they run the street and neighborhood. I am just waiting to see what happens.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm with you, call the PD every time they trespass, it is against the law, right? You do own your home and your yard, right? Hopefully they will get the picture sooner rather than later!

And Emilio sure is getting beautiful colours. Emmett loves very proud & BIG and Emily is her usual beautiful colours. :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
This is my last project till closer to Halloween, other than making the clown from the movie IT. I don't know how many have heard of the FIJI Mermaid but it was a taxidermied half skeleton and half fish used in old sideshows in carnivals. She/he/it was passed off as a real mermaid, even as recently as up to 10 yrs ago she was supposedly found on a beach. Since these pictures I have added the hair to her, long red and black hair. I started with a small 36 inch skeleton and took the legs off it, wired it for a tail down the spine and through the pelvis. 3 wires. Added spines to her back and down her arms at her wrists. She was covered in saran wrap which was shrunk with a heat gun and melted to her frame for a decayed look. I then painted her bright orange and let it dry, then used a dark mini wax stain over that and wiped it off as it was applied, toned down the orange. I then gave her a light spray of green for an organic beached look. Her tail and fins are wire set in plumbers epoxy putty so they don't come off. I love how my "Fiji Mermaid" came out. I will get another picture of her with her hair later tomorrow. She looks much better with hair. My neighbors <the good ones> love her.
frontal of my mermaid I made and her tail being wire I can pose it into any position
full

back of her showing her back fin
full

her face
full

her tail..I used masking tape for filling in her tail and defining the ridges in it also for making the extended vertebrae
full

when she was done I applied a matte finish modge podge all over her to seal her and spray adhesive for her hair which I will do a pic later as she is now in the basement.
ran down to the basement and got a quick picture, don't like the basement at night, still have flashbacks of the flood.
here she is with her hair
full

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
polls_omgpyzam_4932_634270_poll_xlarge.jpeg

I know about the Fiji Mermaid, and I just have to say "THAT IS AMAZING!" People will think that is the real thing.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Gina! She came out pretty good for being made of saran wrap and masking tape. I still want to tone the orange down a bit and the green a little. Took about 10 hours to make her and get her painted and stained. Another 2 hours to apply the hair to her.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Ooh nice mermaid! I like Gina's hamster pic.

As for the kids that's wrong but I also did what they did when I was 12 trespassing on people's yards. I should know better I was 12. I didn't care but glad I grew up out of that stage it was a rotten stage of my life. As for thinking they rule the neighborhood, that I didn't do. Glad you got PD on your side and they're not to do that anymore.

Emilio is looking so pretty love his bars. Emily is a big girl!
Emmett as usual just being king of his tank right? LOL.
I always thought he was king. Have fun with your projects!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja":162zsa15 said:
I still want to tone the orange down a bit and the green a little. Took about 10 hours to make her and get her painted and stained. Another 2 hours to apply the hair to her.
Maybe add a highlight of brown to the orange?
Only 10 hours to make her entire body and painted?! Dang girl, you're amazing!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Gina, did that today and finished her hair. Added a little gray to it and wiped her down with a walnut minwax stain to tone her down.
I also made the plant, Audrey from The Little Shop of Horrors. She started as a Styrofoam egg cut in half.
full

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
she is now done. Added her tongue and the leaves around her head and her roots. Now she is ready to strike at her next victim. This is a replica of pod 1 of Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors, the baby pod. Also added the yellow orange around her mouth and painted the inside of her mouth a rosey red pink color.
full

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
First of all thank you Kami, Deb and Gina. I am proud of my craftiness :lol:
I had to go to tails and scales today for new uvb lights for Emily and Emmett so that's out of the way now, they should have been changed last week. Got Emmett some super worms and dubia and he loves them. Emily is on salads for a while with 2 days of protein.
I got to spend 1 1/2 hours with mr and mrs stumpy today. I was talking to Andy, manager when the owner came over and told me to go look at mr stumpy. I guess as soon as he heard my voice he went nuts. Funny how that happens. So I went and looked and he about lept out of his tank onto my chest. He gave me kisses to <I know not real kisses> I told Andy to keep trying to get them to me. I still want them so bad.
Then came the excitement! I got to watch then cut the snake eggs to <they were pipped> to see if they got the purple platinum color they bred for. I got to see my first purple platinum python baby :blob8: :blob5:
Then watched baby beardies hatch, so cute!!!!!! Got to hold the new baby chameleons to, it fit entirely on the end of my thumb. I was so excited I was there for it all.
Also went thrifting today for a wedding gown and found one for my mourner prop for 10.00.
Best part of the day out was spending time with the stumpies. I love them so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom