Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow! I am very impressed by your artistic abilities.

Can't wait to see all that you're crafting this year for Halloween.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks y'all, I love my art and crafts and if I say so myself , I am good at it.
Not much going on, snowing its bottom off right now! Yes again. Supposed to snow through tomorrow.
I tore the tendon on the right side of my right knee I think. Going to the DR tomorrow about it. Big knot and bruise. Have the ice pack on it and put my old hip to ankle knee brace on it. Of course its the knee I had major surgery on. So am on the bed staying off of it as much as possible. I don't know how I managed this but I did. Always something

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Snow? Good grief, it's too late to snow.

I think you should consider wrapping yourself up from head to toe with Ace bandage to hold everything in place, so you won't end up mysteriously tearing anything else again.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, I did not tear anything in my knee but I did manage in my sleep to somehow twist the heck out of it. Good news is its nothing that wont heal on its own.
Been warm the last few days now cold and dreary. This weather is nuts here.
Emilio is doing very well and growing like a weed. I am very pleased with his progress in development. Still love to watch him eat. He did take a few bites of his salad BEFORE eating his crickets. He loves the squash, go figure.
Emmett is in a full body shed and gaining a little more weight. He still terrorizes his tank knocking stuff over and pulling stuff apart. Little stinker.
Emily has slowed down on her housekeeping for now. I just leave everything where she puts it. Emily has lost a little weight thank heavens but shes still a big healthy girl.
All 3 went to the vet for checkups and all 3 are healthy as "horses". Bloodwork is fine for all 3, weight is fine for all 3 in respect to their length. Bones, teeth and everything seems to be in good order for them. That makes me happy.
I finished up my crafting for now, well at least till I get my skeleton in the mail to make my "Fiji" feegee mermaid. Got my shrunken head made and hes done. Finished applying the hair to it and putting the stitches in its mouth. Got my scarecrow done, he is sporting a new hat trimmed in Spanish moss. I am now trying my hand at clay sculpting and we will see how that goes.
Its a scarecrow, the hat is small as I wanted it to be so as not to detract from its face
full

My shrunken head started as a Styrofoam ball covered in aluminum foil then liquid nails and latex. Painted him with stain and wiped it off as soon as I put it on to give him the aged look. Added the hemp stitches and hair and mounted him on a stand I made for him.
full

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The scarecrow's head turned out great. I love the moss-trimmed hat.
I wouldn't use a bigger hat than that either. You don't want anything to take the focus away from the face.

The shrunken head looks so real, just like a real shrunken head! Creepy!

Great job!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Gina!
Got up this morning, got up the trio of Em's and turned on their lights. Had to go shopping this morning to get some paint. Came home fed the trio of Em's as I now call them :lol: !
Was nice out so they got a little time outside this morning after breakfast. Put them back in their tanks and proceded outside to paint.
Got the double and single garage doors painted, and the trim around the garage doors. It wasn't enough to do that in the heat, so painted the porch railings and the trim on the porch columns. Still wasn't enough so painted the trim around the front door. My house looks so fresh and clean now with the bright aspen white trim and yellow/tan garage doors. Will finish it up tomorrow by painting the trim around the bay window. Was so busy painting I forgot to water the front yard but that can wait till tomorrow morning before I feed the trio of Em's. I have to admit after putting revive and turf builder on the lawn along with tons of grass seed in the washed out areas, my lawn is pretty and green, partly from the cow compost <to put it nicely> so I am happy there, even if the nasty neighbors across the street get mad with me watering or doing anything to my lawn. They think their kids have rights to play in my yard and they don't. Makes them mad their kids cannot play on my new grass but, oh well my yard my rules, rant over.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Esther they are "free range" parents. They allow their kids to make their own decisions and whatever decision they make the parents back it up. They are more like teenage friends to their 6 and 14 year old and don't really parent them. The kids pretty much do what they want to do and if you defy them by setting boundries for your property then they get mad. The kids stand outside yelling profanities and writing the stuff on the street in chalk. I wash it away if its in front of my house and again makes their dad mad. I will not have filth in front of my home, or foul mouthed brats in my yard. I didn't act like that when I was growing up or I wouldn't be sitting here now. I wasn't perfect but knew my limits and boundries. These kids have NONE. Had Emily out in the grass one day and the 14 yr old girl brought her basketball out, I told hubby that I had to take Emily in so she wouldn't get hurt by her throwing the ball in the yard. Her dad said well your d*** lizard shouldn't be out when my kids are out. Excuse me, its my yard and Emily is in HER yard, I shouldn't have to take her in to prevent her from being hurt in her own yard. The dad rides his Segway through peoples yards walks his dog in peoples yards and you best not tell him not to or he gets mad and vocal. Horrible people to have to live across from. Ive even called their landlord about them to no avail. Cops don't do anything to stop it.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh h-e-double-hockey sticks no! I would be calling the cops and filing a complaint if that happened here. As it is, I have to deal with my next door neighbor's 2 dogs meandering over to my yard and do their business. It royally pisses me off to the point that I had taken to throw their poops back onto their property. Screw that!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Do you have any way of contacting the landlord? Could you put a small fence around your property?
Maybe just something a foot tall?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well I got up this morning to SNOW! Yep its snowing again. I am so sick of it all. Nice warm weather for a while and now in the low 30's and snowing. UGHHHHH!!!!!!!! Mother Nature needs to make up her mind.
Emily is losing some weight finally and is back to housekeeping. Her chair is on her bed with her head resting on it, her body half on and half off the bed. Silly girl. She is doing great and has a nice clean tank.
Emmett is just being lazy today, cant say I blame him. He ate well and is basking happily staring a hole in his curtains trying to see Emilio. He knows Emilio is next to him <next door neighbors> :lol:
Emilio is doing well and growing like a weed. His colors are finally coming in and hes a nice copper, beige, yellow and green color. He will be a beautiful adult veiled. He doesn't want to be picked up or held and hisses and snaps when you try so I just feed him, clean his cage and let him be him. No need to stress him trying to hold him. Hes going to be a look at pet lizard. Oh well I can devote that time to Emily and Emmett. Emilio gets held long enough to put him in the playpen to clean his cage then to put him back in it. He has a nice set of teeth lol but I have not been bitten and don't plan on it. He does bump my hand away with his nose when I go to handle him and hisses and squeaks. Bless his little chameleon heart. I just love him. He is up to 10 adult crickets a day now plus his salad which he will nip at once in a while. Not a lot going on other than this infernal snow.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Snow and 30-something degree weather on April 16th?! That's just wrong!

How much does Emily weigh now?
Silly question: When Emily rearranges her furniture, had she ever put them back where they used to be?

Why doesn't Emmett like Emilio? He's not a beardie. Silly boy.

At least Emilio bumps your hand first to warn you to stay away, instead of just chomping down. Too bad that he doesn't like to be held. Is that normal for veiled chameleons?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emily is down from 910 to 860. I want her at 750 to 800 grams. She will get there. No she never, that I know of puts it back. To be honest I put it back and should let it go to see what she does.
Its not that Emmett doesn't like Emilio. Emmett knows that Emilio is there and wants to see him. I have curtains on Emmetts tank sides so he cant see Emily or he goes nuts head bobbing and black bearding. I may take one side down and see how he does, well see how both do actually. Yep, snow mid April and expect one close to Mothers Day as usual.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear about the snow & I'm really sorry to hear about your out of control neighbours. Those parents are heading for grief with those children, letting them live without boundaries, it's unhealthy to say the least. I'd be making complaints to the cops about them being in your yard. Are you able to put a fence up or would it make no difference? I would be so pissed off at those people, I'd be wondering if Social Services would need to visit. But that's just me. I've never had to deal with that before, living in an apt on the 3rd floor, no trespassers.

Hope that snow is just an overnighter and it's all gone again tomorrow.

I love how Emily housekeeps. She's such a beauty and glad she's lost some weight. Leo lost 90g, I was so pleased, now he's back on his regular diet, I gave him mainly greens over the last few months but when I got his blood test done it was all normal, just the protein was low. So he's eating his roaches again and loving them, plus greens and his favourite, red pepper twice a week. I'm very proud of him, means he'll live a longer life. He was very close to Fatty Liver Disease in Nov/13. Glad what I did worked (with my vet's help). He also had high blood pressure and that's gone. He was 610g last fall, on an 18" dragon that's way too much weight. Now he's holding steady at 527g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom