Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
3 lizards fed, 3 tanks spotless. Emily and Emmett had baths and Emilio has a fresh bowl of water in his tank and the mister water changed out. Fresh salads of spaghetti squash, arugula, carrot, and collards made for all 3. Hornworms placed in Emilio's tank, never saw such tiny hornworms :lol: Now its me time.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
YAY :blob5: :blob8: Emily and Emmett got an hour apiece outside It was warm enough for them to sit outside with me while hubby washed the truck and my car. They loved soaking up some fresh sunshine and me to after all the bad weather. Emilio I don't trust outside yet, he's to feisty and a jumper. Maybe when he gets a bit older but not right now.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It was warm enough for Emily and Emmett to go outside yesterday?! You are so lucky. Though we had a winter heat wave, being in the low to mid 40s still isn't warm enough for my babies to go outside, even though both Digi and Gianna thought otherwise. :roll:

How fast could Emilio run if he was to take off while outside?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gina he is pretty quick. Its not that I am worried about him getting on the ground but if I couldn't catch him, he would be up the tree to where I would never be able to reach him. It was 70 yesterday in the afternoon so yep, I took Emily and Emmett out for a bit. Let them have some warm sunshine. They did not get off my lap, there is still snow and I don't want them sick by walking through it. Emmett was out while Dennis washed the truck and Emily while he washed my car. I am sure we are not done with snow yet as it always has a last hoo rah around Mother's Day. I had Emilio in the playpen yesterday while cleaning his cage, and he climbed up to the top of it hanging upside down on the top covering. Little booger hissed at me when I went to take him out to put him back in his clean cage. Guess he was having fun in the new found space of the big playpen. Emily and Emmett go in it also when I clean their tanks. Cant wait till its warm enough to let them go out in the playpen for longer periods of time. Emilio can go outside in it and I wont have to worry about him and trees or getting lost in shrubs. Nice thing about the playpen is that it has a nylon bottom to it so I can wipe it down after one is done in it and before another goes in.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
70 degrees?! Oh man, what I'd do for 70 degree weather right now.

Sounds like Emilio is another one who loves to be out of his tank. Too funny that he hissed at you when you plucked him out of the playpen.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You got hissed out? That's just too funny, he really enjoyed the playpen :lol: Guess it will come in handy in the summertime. I can understand your concerns with him getting up a tree, though.

I'm so glad you had some good sun yesterday so your two babies could get outside. :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks for the interesting article Cooper.
Emily and Emmett have spent the last 3 days basking in the warm sunshine outside. Set up the playpen and let them bask while I did some much needed yard work. They love it so much when they can get outside. Spent about 2 hours apiece out in the pen. Its been that warm.
Emilio is up from 7 grams when I brought him home to 25 grams today. Man can that little guy eat and I love watching him. He takes a step, rocks back and forth, repeats the movements till he can reach his crickets with his tongue. Then its a slow chew. He is off the baby crickets and on mediums now without a problem. He couldn't see the little ones anymore since I put the live umbrella tree plant in his tank for him. He can really grab with those little feet of his now, they almost pinch when he grasps, strong little feet. :lol:
Went up to Rocky Mountain National Park today. Much colder up there than down here and snow that is almost butt deep. Road was closed but still enough open where they could plow that we could enjoy the mountains a bit. Saw a herd of elk and a herd of big horn sheep which is always fun to see.
I am pooped and believe it or not I am sunburned a bit. My tulips are coming up and my grass is getting green. Put seed down and cow manure with topsoil to fill in the thin spots in the yard.
Also finally getting over a bad cold. I could barely move I was so congested, hurt to breathe, move, lay down or even sit down. Could not get comfortable for the achiness.
Well that's what we have been up to for the last few days.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Em and Em are so lucky to be able to spend so much time outside in the warm sun.
The baby (Gianna) had been pounding on the kitchen window all weekend long, wanting to go outside with the birds (who the heck knows why).

Sounds like Emilio is going to eat you out of house and home :laughing6:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's been chilly all weekend so no outside time for Emily or Emmett. All three are doing great. Emily has been attacking her salads with a vengeance, wonder what those poor greens ever did to her? :lol: Emmett does well with his salads to when he's not cooling off his feet in his salad, silly boy. Emilio has decided he doesn't like to be held so I pretty much feed him, talk to him and leave him be. He hisses and squeaks when I try to hold him.
I finally have new grass growing from seed in areas of my yard that was thin from being washed out by the flood. Put cow and chicken poohs on my yard and seed and its really taking off. Got the weeds in the flower beds killed off so I can put in my lily bulbs. YAY!!!!!!!!!! Tulips are coming up now around my ash tree. I just hope the snows are over but, usually have a last snow around Mother's Day so we will see.
Other than that not much has changed around here. Same old same old. Need to get some stuff done around the house then can go out and water the lawn. Then I have to run to the store to get some bread, to make stuffing for stuffed flank steak for supper tonight. Chores are never ending <sigh>!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
After a nice start to spring, guess what, its snowing here AGAIN. Glad Emily and Emmett got some outside time for a few days. Emilio even got some outside time. This dang weather is making everyone sick. Warm, warm warm then cold and snow. It was a blizzard this morning, then it stopped and it all started to melt. Now its starting up again. Wind is horrible. Oh well what can you do.
Got the cricket tanks cleaned out today, cleaned Emilio's tank but, Emily and Emmett's tanks can wait till tomorrow to get them cleaned out again. Emilio is one heck of a funny hunter. I love his rocking motions when he spots a cricket, and zeros in on it then blammmm that tongue shoots out and its all over for the cricket. He is getting to be a big boy now. Gaining both height and weight and filling out nicely.
Emily has been housekeeping this morning, she wants her chair where she wants it and her stuffies where she wants them. There is no stopping her. Emmett just runs around like a mad man, guess spring fever for him is really kicking in. Wish I could get them outside today but no way is that happening for them in this weather.
I had plans to paint my plant stands today but that's not going to happen. I did get my flower urns painted and ready for plants this spring but, now the plants must wait since its snowing and so cold outside. Just a horrible gloomy day! Grass is coming in nicely where I seeded and hope this snow doesn't kill the tender grass coming up. Not much going on today due to the snow so here I will close.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Jeez, Tonja, what a drag to have snow again after a few warm days. I'm looking forward to having the kids out on the balcony soon, but it's been raining for days & I have to clean it off first. Oh well, they at least still have the living room to run around in.

Emilio sounds like he's really growing, that's great! And Emily is still housekeeping, she is so cute! My boys, especially Nathaniel, are full of spring fever. Nathaniel wakes up with a black beard and goes to sleep with one, too, spends his day running around bobbing everything when he's out & running from side to side and bobbing whoever is out when he's in his tank. He's a non-stop bobber!

Cierra has discovered her reflection and runs around in her tank after it alot during the day. She's not eating anywhere near what she used to but still has a nice big belly, so will be weighing everyone today.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Its been a busy two weeks around here. Calling for rain/snow mix tomorrow through Friday. We need the rain, so my grass seed grows more.
Emily, Emmett, and Emilio are doing great. Emilio has tripled in size and 38 grams now. Emmett is shedding his back feet and legs. Emily is her usual self, still housekeeping now and then, mostly basking then going to her bed for a cool down, then back to basking. Just turned their lights out. I heard them up with the sun this morning so got their lights on. 13 hours of light so now its bedtime for them.
I said its been a busy two weeks around here. I have been crafting again! Yep its that time of year to do some of my Halloween buildsMy pot and projects for friends that asked for them. People that haunt their yards, homes, or do haunted houses start projects this time of year to get the smaller ones done and out of the way leaving time for larger stuff to be built.
He still needs some sanding on his legs and antenna but here is my sculpture of The Fly from the original movie, at the end HELP ME!
full

My Book of the Dead from the movie Evil Dead, Army of Darkness: with my own twist on it <for a friend>
full

The Potions Box I did, stained, distressed and made to look old. I found the bottles, made and distressed the lables I putt on them!
full

This was a lot of work. Here is my scarecrow made from a wig head and burlap. I made the fringe around the neck, painted it to look old and dirty, layered the burlap so the seams or edges have fringe. I stitched his eyes and mouth and he is for a friend also.
full

See I have been busy. They may seem small but there is a lot of work in all of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom