easy to breed staple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Mach10X":21448lxc said:
That's a common concern. I had about 30-40 roaches escape once (I was still learning how to attach the lid). About 20 of them were found huddled around the warm base of the bin, they got a trip back in. The other 20 or so were found over the next week on their backs and shriveled up, they couldn't even survive the 65ºF winter temperatures in that room. And these roaches cannot climb so where are they going to get to that's secluded enough to breed?

Guppies (fish) breed like crazy, but I'll bet you wouldn't be concerned about your house becoming infested with guppies if a few got out of their tank. These roaches are the same.
im curious as to how you got roaches into florida. :wink: ...

Mach10X

Hatchling Member
It's legal to raise lots of species of roaches. And you can get a permit to have others, but it's really hard to get one.
Discoids legal as are B.Craniifer (death's head) as they are native species.

Mach10X

Hatchling Member
Let's just say that I'm not doing anything illegal, but I think people will be upset if I go into details. Best to just say that I have experience raising Dubias.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He smuggled a male and female in his mouth over the Florida border and has started his multi-thousand colony from those two! :lol:

-Brandon

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Mach10X":2qgpp49d said:
Let's just say that I'm not doing anything illegal, but I think people will be upset if I go into details. Best to just say that I have experience raising Dubias.
ditto 8)

KeishaRenee

Hatchling Member
dragongirl95":3fg90usw said:
the problem is that she think if one gets out ill end up with a roach infestation

My mother thinks the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG it makes me crazy!!!! And you can't tell her anything!

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i had almost convinced her we went to the expo in manchest nh she said i could get ten then she seen the adults then she said "no way im letting you bring home rochs that big"

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
claudiusx":2b6ix8l3 said:
He smuggled a male and female in his mouth over the Florida border and has started his multi-thousand colony from those two! :lol:

-Brandon
Amazing. Adam + Eve roaches. :lol:

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Original Poster
does anyone have nutriants vaules for crickets and dubia? im making a powerpoint to show my parents how much better dubia are

Reef

k listen hide dubia in garage with isulation around them then they grow and they will be able to sustain your bezardies in about 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom