Dubia Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0501

Juvie Member
Can someone explain to me why Dubia Roaches are so darn expensive? 1 cup = 11$ from mulberry and they come in cups of 25ish. How many can a beardie eat in a sitting?

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Actually compared to the same meat quantity of phoenix worms or silk worms, Dubia's aren't that expensive.

A heck of a lot more than crickets, though. That's true.

Mostly because there's less supply of them. Most pet stores don't sell them,
folks who do a lot of Dubia's tend to end up making thier own colonies, and there's
just less breeders around who can do big orders. Plus, if you're feeding big ones they
take several months of care to reach that size.

On the other hand, once you start feeding the bigger ones, the amount you'll be going
through is much less. Rico (about 9 inches long) easily goes through about 40 little dubia's
per day (~20 per meal). Mellow though (14 inches), who is getting medium+ sizes, only eats about 10 of
those per day (about 4-5 per meal and then she's full).

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Start your own breeding colony! It takes a bit of time and money to get it up and running, but you can do it for less than $100 and it's super easy too! The best prices for dubias I've found are right here on the forum in the "For Sale" section, like here...

[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=168948 f=2 ]

As far as mainstream sellers, I like www.buydubiaroaches.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom