Dubia Roaches

ScooterRenee2022

Original Poster
I have a juvenile beardie I just got him a month ago and have been feeding him alternating mealmorms and crickets. i allow him to have his vegetables everyday. Believe it or not he is eating both. I keep an eye on him. But the weird thing is he still seems hungry. Recently I found out that dubia roaches were good for him but where I’m from it’s hard to find them. Recently I found a flukers vac pack of fresh dubia roaches but I’m afraid to feed them to him. Is it okay to feed him these and do I keep the rest of them in the refrigerator? Can someone please tell me what to do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a juvenile beardie I just got him a month ago and have been feeding him alternating mealmorms and crickets. i allow him to have his vegetables everyday. Believe it or not he is eating both. I keep an eye on him. But the weird thing is he still seems hungry. Recently I found out that dubia roaches were good for him but where I’m from it’s hard to find them. Recently I found a flukers vac pack of fresh dubia roaches but I’m afraid to feed them to him. Is it okay to feed him these and do I keep the rest of them in the refrigerator? Can someone please tell me what to do?
You can order dubias from here www.dubiaroaches.com - they are a great site -- I get all my roaches from them --- I would set up a 10 gallon aquarium order around 200 of them feed them roach food / chow and dubia dew for water - you can also feed squash fruit shredded sweet potato carrots but feed either carrots to the dragon or roaches not both too much Vit A -- check out the site they have nice horn worms - I can also post other sites for insects and worms etc if you like

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Are there any instructions on how to store them ? BTW it's great that he's eating veggies !

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is much more expensive to buy them that way compared to ordering online like Karrie mentioned. They would be a nice feeder to add in for variety for your dragon.

They are very easy to keep alive, so buying a few hundred

like Karrie mentioned and keeping them in their own little tank is what a lot of people do who don't want to breed their own.

As far as your actual question, I can't find anything online that states whether or not you need to refrigerate them. I'd imagine it wouldn't hurt if you don't mind roaches in the fridge :)

-Brandon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom