Dubia Roaches

ScooterRenee2022

Original Poster
I have a juvenile beardie I just got him a month ago and have been feeding him alternating mealmorms and crickets. i allow him to have his vegetables everyday. Believe it or not he is eating both. I keep an eye on him. But the weird thing is he still seems hungry. Recently I found out that dubia roaches were good for him but where I’m from it’s hard to find them. Recently I found a flukers vac pack of fresh dubia roaches but I’m afraid to feed them to him. Is it okay to feed him these and do I keep the rest of them in the refrigerator? Can someone please tell me what to do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a juvenile beardie I just got him a month ago and have been feeding him alternating mealmorms and crickets. i allow him to have his vegetables everyday. Believe it or not he is eating both. I keep an eye on him. But the weird thing is he still seems hungry. Recently I found out that dubia roaches were good for him but where I’m from it’s hard to find them. Recently I found a flukers vac pack of fresh dubia roaches but I’m afraid to feed them to him. Is it okay to feed him these and do I keep the rest of them in the refrigerator? Can someone please tell me what to do?
You can order dubias from here www.dubiaroaches.com - they are a great site -- I get all my roaches from them --- I would set up a 10 gallon aquarium order around 200 of them feed them roach food / chow and dubia dew for water - you can also feed squash fruit shredded sweet potato carrots but feed either carrots to the dragon or roaches not both too much Vit A -- check out the site they have nice horn worms - I can also post other sites for insects and worms etc if you like

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Are there any instructions on how to store them ? BTW it's great that he's eating veggies !

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is much more expensive to buy them that way compared to ordering online like Karrie mentioned. They would be a nice feeder to add in for variety for your dragon.

They are very easy to keep alive, so buying a few hundred

like Karrie mentioned and keeping them in their own little tank is what a lot of people do who don't want to breed their own.

As far as your actual question, I can't find anything online that states whether or not you need to refrigerate them. I'd imagine it wouldn't hurt if you don't mind roaches in the fridge :)

-Brandon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom