Dubia floor temp???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dociledragons

Juvie Member
So, the half of the floor on my tote is reaching 100-105 degrees using a heating pad.

Is this to hot for the babies/nymphs. None of the seem to be walking on the bottom of the tote.

Baldwin

Hatchling Member
As long as they have vertical space to move in and out of the heat, they will be fine. One thing to note, only heat 1/2 of the tub, the side where you place food and water should be on the cool side. My floor temps hit 105* at times, but halfway up the egg crates, the temp is ~85*-90*F, which is working very well.

Sounds like your setup is fine.

dociledragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That is how mine is set up. About 105 degrees on the floor and 80 up top. I was just wondering if the babies would be to dumb to move away from the 105 degree. lol.. It sounds like I'm worried for nothing. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom