Does your beardie turn black when you leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime i leave for a while and come back i find my bearded dragon to be dark as night, then after 5-10 mins his belly becomes its usually creamy self...anyone else have this issue?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Gizmo always tries the puppy eyes in the morning when we go to work, if she is happy enough running around looking for all thoses boys we are hiding (lol silly girl) she'll be fine, and will be tuckered out by about 4pm. If she wants to come out and play and we have to leave i get the 'but why am i here i dont want to go back yet' look and a very grumpy beardy when i get home! SHe is very much a princess and if things arent done her way we know about it!

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
I went on vacation with my husband for a week last week. My mom came to babysit my kids, and my eldest daughter (she's 8) was to care for the beardie. I did not worry, because Balrog is so lazy and mellow. But when we got back from vacation, my mom said she had no trouble with the kids, but Balrog had been very difficult! Balrog would make a mess of her viv, escape, scratch at the walls... run and jump all day long! The day we got back, she returned to her lazy basking self.
She does not turn black, but it seems that she behaves badly when mommy's not home!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Lilly will have horrible stress marks sometimes that are gone within a minute of me picking her up.

holnik

Hatchling Member
causes:
it might turn black when agressive :banghead: or mad :angry5: or just to show off :blob5:
it might try to soak up heat :lol:

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Elijah does the same with his stress marks. He gets them in his cage but then I go to pick him up and they go away! He gets rid of them in the bath, when he is exploring or if I put him in his small tank to eat crickets and of course when he is sleeping. I think something about his cage makes him grumpy! It could just be because I take away his hammock in the morning because if I didn't he would lay in it all day and not bask...lazy! :lol:

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
max always gets grumpy at night he gets all black and stress marked up but i take him out and hes fine he even does it when i take him lights off to get into his cage to like hes saying "women im not going to bed you put those lights back on" and then the lights come back on and hes fine as can be he just likes to voice his opinion sometimes

Reapix

Hatchling Member
yeah mine does this, but turns white belly once i sit in front of his viv for 3 mins or so or when i pick up

brandice

Yesterday was one of those very busy days and we were out of the house all day. I get home and Bob is glaring at me, beard black as coal. So I picked him up and pet him for a while and he was super snuggly, it was so cute! I could tell he was mad that we were all gone all day!

katgill3293

Well I have had my Beardie for about a month and I named it Bojangles and we nick named it BoJi because I thought it was a male however today I found out He is a She thanks to my nephew.. So Now it's going to be Bojett (sounding french) Anyway Im glad I popped in because she turns black and I was wandering why and the thing about you pick them up and they turn back to their normal color, that's exactly what she does. I have to say I love holding her and she pretty much is spoiled rotten already.

She is Fabulous!!!

Actually, they turn black to absorb more heat. They go back to their normal coloring because their bellies are getting warmer. :study: It is cute though. I'm gone to work all day and my wife dosen't like to handle Jabberwocky, my citrus X. When I get home and settled in I feed him and when he's done I let him relax while I get a shower. Then, I take him out an let him climb up my t-shirt onto my shoulder where he "cuddles" up and just chills out for a while. While he's there he gets very bright.

My next investment is a substrate heater to replace my UTH. I can't wait to see how it works.

brandice

Jabberwocky":1rqc8aki said:
My next investment is a substrate heater to replace my UTH. I can't wait to see how it works.

UTH aren't advised for beardies because the don't sense the heat under them as well and can easily burn their belly. I'd suggest using basking lamps instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom