restless when lights go out

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
my bearded dragon always acts a little weird when his lights go out. his lights come on between 6 and 8 and go off between 8:30 and 9. when his lights go off at night i also go to bed so there is zero light in my room except for the screens on my devices. i can always hear him moving around after all the lights are out for around maybe 10 or 20 minutes. it sounds like hes scratching at his walls. i never turn my lights on to check because he always settles down and from what i can tell sleeps fine the rest of the night. the area he sleeps at is in the back corner so im not sure if its him trying to get back there or something else. how good is a dragons vision at night? should i try putting him in the spot he sleeps when i turn the lights out to see if it makes a difference?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My beardies and many others do that too. It's pretty common for some of them , like looking for the best spot. Then they end hanging from a hammock wedged between a rock or propped up against the wall, so comfy. :)

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
My beardies and many others do that too. It's pretty common for some of them , like looking for the best spot. Then they end hanging from a hammock wedged between a rock or propped up against the wall, so comfy. :)
thank you im glad its nothing to be worried about. i love how he does it then settles for the exact same spot every night

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom