Do you have a pet room in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Jasper's Mom":5e419 said:
You should post some pictures of Marishka & Stella... :wink:

:lol: Stella is cranky, and Marishka is sleeping. Will take pictures tonight. :wink:

Thor's Mom

Sub-Adult Member
Ha! I have a nice size 2 bedroom apartment with 7 animals, yep 7, including my 3 beardies. Just aquired another cat, poor guy was injured and cannot bear any weight on one of his paws. Found him out in the country while I was trail riding my horse and knew he was going to be toast if somebody did not help him. He is one of the nicest cats I have ever had. Boyfriend was originally not happy with me at all when I brought him through the door. I was like "shut up, don't even start with me. He needs our help and he is not staying". 10 minutes later Lucky (new cat) was wrapped directly around said boyfriend's finger. So I guess Lucky is staying, just what we needed :roll: . At this point, I would seriously have to pry Lucky out of boyfriends cold dead hands if I wanted to get rid of him.....sigh.

Anyway, long story short, the apartment belongs to the animals. They just let us stay there and pay the rent. :|

maxattack

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":bdb4e said:
Actually our pets have the house.........they just let us use an area of it. :laughing6:

Don't you mean, they just let us pay for it and take care of it for them?

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":46da5 said:
Actually our pets have the house.........they just let us use an area of it. :laughing6:

I am the same way...the pets own the house...I just pay rent! :roll:

The dining room and living room have birds and beardie...the rest of the house is owned by 2 Dachshunds. When out, the birds fly where ever they want. Sunny (my beardie boy) will climb the stairs and run around on the living room floor when he is out.

The dogs...well, if you walked into my house, you would see dog toys in every room of the house.

I think I need to get a second job to pay for things I need. Because my money now only goes to animals!!! :shock:

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
i wish i had a whole room for my beardies. it would make life so much easier.
ive resorted to cages on floors and in corners of my bedroom and upstairs loft.

when i move out though, definit must :D

now, its everyones turn to post pictures of their beardie room/corner :blob8:

Dragonblade

In the living room at the moment, but building a storage building to be a perfect herp house..

not sure how I will like that since I like having hem in the house with us :)

My house is currently ran.....and owned by the animals, and the human animals (5 kids at home).

Dee Dee, the Old English Bulldogge likes to think she owns the yard, and keeps everyone in check.

My living room has 4 viv's in it. The hall between the living room and kitchen has one, and my newly aquired Iguana Freddy has the whole corner of my bedroom.

The kids have their rooms(they are worse than the animals). Currently the only rooms not over taken by animals of the human variety, reptile variety and canine variety are the bathrooms.

Oh wait..... The kids always need something when your in the bathroom.....

strike that....

Im a slave.

Sp1ke

Hatchling Member
LOL, I just bought a house and each of my two dragons have there own room, my hedgehog owns the front room, and of course, my Daschund puppy has the run of the entire rest of the house. He's not really let in Spike's or Gir's room, but he stay's away from our hedgehog, Shadow, on his own :lol:

CoopersGrandma

Juvie Member
i to have to admit , we the slaves to the zoo have no pet room , they too have the run of the house , the cats have the kitchen along with the turtle and the oscar , have a long bar for their tanks so they aren't to bad , cooper is in the living room in his home , so thats okay too , the dogs well they share with the rest of the house and the most important animal in the house that gets the most attention , is dragonlover0813, he has taken over the computer/sparebedroom and has to share with the bunny and gerbil in his bedroom, almost forgot them , somewhere in all this you find me and my very patient and big hearted husband , and i am aching for another beardie to share the love with :lol:

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
I havea 10metre X 5metre master bedroom which is the reptile room.. I only have 5reptiles though so it looks funny with 3 4x2x2 tanks and two 4x2x4 enclosures in it

My whole house is a pet room too. Daytona has the best piece of real estate in the living room where she can see every little thing that goes on. The Crocodile gecko, Ascari, lives in the quietest corner since she's a big chicken. The treefrog viv is kept in the most humid part of the house near the bathroom to catch any warm shower steam and the Fox gecko has her very own table in another quiet corner since I affectionately call her "Chicken 2". There's an entire shelving unit in my kitchen devoted to different sized crickets, dusting cups, a mister,vitamins, calcium, etc. and another storage area filled with nothing but substrates, rocks, bowls, hides and the like. I have one light bulb for human use, the rest are a variety of wattages for heating according to season. If that's not bad enough I'm trying to re-arrange things to fit two more terrariums into the house for a Tokay gecko and a Corn snake. Yeah, it's that kind of house, lol.

shadi11

BD.org Addict
I have a room dedicated to most the reptiles. There is 30 snakes, 2 beardeds, 2 leopard geckos and 9 cresteds in that room. plus the breeding rodents. I have 2 dragons and 2 rankins in my living room along with 4 male cresteds and 10 baby cresteds. and my turtle. My daughter has her dragon in her room. We also have one more dragon in our bedroom with the remaining snakes. :shock:
I am looking to re organize though. I think the 2 dragons in the reptile room will go to my room and all the snakes will come down to that room.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thor's Mom":fa424 said:
Ha! I have a nice size 2 bedroom apartment with 7 animals, yep 7, including my 3 beardies. Just aquired another cat, poor guy was injured and cannot bear any weight on one of his paws. Found him out in the country while I was trail riding my horse and knew he was going to be toast if somebody did not help him. He is one of the nicest cats I have ever had. Boyfriend was originally not happy with me at all when I brought him through the door. I was like "shut up, don't even start with me. He needs our help and he is not staying". 10 minutes later Lucky (new cat) was wrapped directly around said boyfriend's finger. So I guess Lucky is staying, just what we needed :roll: . At this point, I would seriously have to pry Lucky out of boyfriends cold dead hands if I wanted to get rid of him.....sigh.

Anyway, long story short, the apartment belongs to the animals. They just let us stay there and pay the rent. :|

I hear you on that. We have a railroad apartment right now but it could be considered the equivalent of a 2 bedroom apartment. I think we bought our house more to have room for the animals than anything else! HAHA. That's very nice that your animals let you live there and pay the rent though. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom