Cohabitation outside the enclosure question (not just bearded dragon to bearded dragon)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys just figured I'd ask it's not my forte but when my beardies are out and in my room for example on my bed I have a dog who sleeps with me CONSTANTLY.

Now my beardies do coexist with my dog but I got to thinking could my dog bring something from outside into my house and my bed and pass it on to my beardies?

This also applies to my ball python who roams when I handle him outside his enclosure and I thought could he pass something on as well?

Also I NEVER EVER handle my animals back to back without washing my hands thoroughly with soap and water.

My ball python I handle alone at all times NO other animals are around just in case he gets spooked and bites (I only been bit twice both my fault).

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No, nothing will be passed on so nothing to worry about. If a reptile had a mite infestation it could pass on but as long as you know their condition everything will be fine.
I thought I had a case with my ball python and removed him from my room but the vet shot that down soon as he seen him.

Thankfully he didn't have them I just kinda overreacted and misinterpreted the signs.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom