Different branded Lighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Im going to be making a new tank for and I'm wondering what would be the best brand to go for in Australia.

Also would I need 2 basking spots for a 6foot tank?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
It matters quite a lot in fact. Some brands aren't as good as others.... and that light isn't even a UVB light so your beardie would just get MBD and then you'd have to spend about a hundred dollars for correct lighting and more for vet bills.

A uvb light and a aquarium light are two VERY different things.

Beardies aren't cheap, and you cant go cheap with vital things like lighting.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":1c3q58az said:
It matters quite a lot in fact. Some brands aren't as good as others.... and that light isn't even a UVB light so your beardie would just get MBD and then you'd have to spend about a hundred dollars for correct lighting and more for vet bills.

A uvb light and a aquarium light are two VERY different things.

Beardies aren't cheap, and you cant go cheap with vital things like lighting.

yes, I know beardies aren't cheap. Not sure how I didn't see the aquarium light wasnt uvb -facepalm-.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I believe in Australia the best and most easily purchased are Arcadia, which are equivalent to the ReptiSuns here in the US. For heat a regular Par halogen bulb can be used, no need for fancy 'reptile specific' ones.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JessPets":9sx7qtr3 said:
I believe in Australia the best and most easily purchased are Arcadia, which are equivalent to the ReptiSuns here in the US. For heat a regular Par halogen bulb can be used, no need for fancy 'reptile specific' ones.

Thank you, this was very very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom