Dawn antibacterial soap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo

Does anyone know how much dawn antibacterial soap is needed per gallon of water? I'm planing on using it to clean my bearded dragon decor and rocks..etc!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You probably wouldn't need much. Just enough to provide some suds and become slippery. That said, I suggest cleaning with vinegar and warm water instead. That will get most of the stuck bits off and you can then disinfect using a steam cleaner or some F10SC which is a safe veterinary disinfectant.

zippo

Original Poster
CooperDragon":th1i8pci said:
You probably wouldn't need much. Just enough to provide some suds and become slippery. That said, I suggest cleaning with vinegar and warm water instead. That will get most of the stuck bits off and you can then disinfect using a steam cleaner or some F10SC which is a safe veterinary disinfectant.
Thanks Cooper, I def have a steamer that came with my shark vacuum cleaner. This should be great...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The regular dawn dish soap may be fine for cleaning off stuck on bits and food bowls too. I would avoid antibacterial soap due to the triclosan which is now banned in a lot of soap. That was the cause of my hesitation. Regular soap shouldn't be harmful at all if rinsed well. Rely on your steam cleaner for disinfecting just about everything. The one I use is a shark as well and it's nice.

zippo

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2nl3idp2 said:
The regular dawn dish soap may be fine for cleaning off stuck on bits and food bowls too. I would avoid antibacterial soap due to the triclosan which is now banned in a lot of soap. That was the cause of my hesitation. Regular soap shouldn't be harmful at all if rinsed well. Rely on your steam cleaner for disinfecting just about everything. The one I use is a shark as well and it's nice.
Thanks for the new information Cooper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom